Concerned about Stateroom selection - Independence

JDB14

I have booked a balcony Stateroom number 1388 on Independence on deck 10. I believe this is the top floor of balcony rooms and it is the 4th balcony along on the starboard side, and can be seen on the following image....

independence-seas-27821830.jpg

After seeing this I am now concerned that the overhang from (I believe the windjammer) may cause the balcony to feel a bit enclosed and too shaded. Has anyone stayed in this or a nearby stateroom with this ledge above?

The balcony, while covered, is NOT dark or cave-like....the sunshine bouncing off the ocean will give you plenty of light, without being direct sun. ALL balconies are covered by the deck above.... you have no worries.

The balcony, while covered, is NOT dark or cave-like....the sunshine bouncing off the ocean will give you plenty of light, without being direct sun. ALL balconies are covered by the deck above.... you have no worries.

Have you stayed in the cabin? The Windjammer does have a substantial overhang at this section of the ship. Maybe it does, or does not, make any difference but unless you have personal experience I would think twice about venturing a guess.

Also OP, if you are sensitive to noise and like to sleep late you might want to inquire about any noise issues from the Windjammer above. Though the section above that cabin is just carpeted seating area so it may not be an issue.