Dinner from dining room in cabin?

oceanlov1

We brought a three pack of small LED plug in night lights. Strongly recommend.

That makes perfect sense now, but I didn't expect the coffee table of death, or as we call it in South Florida, "Mesa de café de la muerte."

I'm trying to decide between hockey / soccer shin guards and a full blown Nerf Gumby suit for our next cruise.

We had dinner in our cabin about 3 times during this year's Grand South America on the Prinsendam, usually because of tours that came back to the ship later than normal. It worked great for us. The food was hotter than we normally received it in the dining room. All it took was a call to room service.

That makes perfect sense now, but I didn't expect the coffee table of death, or as we call it in South Florida, "Mesa de café de la muerte."

I'm trying to decide between hockey / soccer shin guards and a full blown Nerf Gumby suit for our next cruise.

All of those should work. Pictures please,

My preference would be the gumby suit especially for Gala Nights. Just think of the treads tha would generate. You would become a legend on Cruise Critic.

As an aside, we noticed a ceiling night light in the SB bathroom. It worked quite well and we would leave the door open which provided a goodly amount of light in the cabin. This was Oostermdam an after refit.

I also learned a new trip. Most of my night navigation issues involved on of the new chairs with the black fabric. To solve this issue, I just made sure I draped the back of the chair with the white HAL robe.

We were on the Eurodam in Jan 2017 in an aft Neptune SB. My Mom had a health issue and we had to eat in the cabin several evenings. We ordered off the MDR menu without a problem. As has been mentioned, the new coffee tables do not raise to dining height. It was very awkward trying to eat off the coffee table. Actually, Mom put a couch pillow on her lap and placed the plate on that. I ate with the plate on my lap. I brought an end table in from the balcony to serve as a side table for drinks. It was not a refined dining experience. It was more like eating on your couch at home. (The same was true for breakfast.) All courses came at once. I will say, however, the food was very good and well presented. We certainly did miss the height adjustable coffee table!!! If it is calm enough and warm enough to eat on the verandah that would be the way to go.

As for the night light in the bathroom... it was great. No more fumbling in the dark with a flashlight or remembering to pack a night light.

We share a similar outlook. We were considering a Florida retirement and would probably have purchased at Del Webb, Then we found a wonderful house just across the street from a wonderful country club. To be honest, it would be very simple to tour the Del Webb facility near Ocala. We discussed but have not visited since we think it just might be too tempting. We can be a bit impulsive.

We love dining as you've described. We usually do 2-4 dinners on our balcon

Suggest you check out the aft wrap SB suites especially those on deck five of the Vista class. Simply perfect for dinners.

We built a 'lanai' over looking the ninth hole and club house. We have most of our dinners there once the temp is above 65. We will probably do more breakfasts there too. (I just had shoulder repair today and will not be playing much golf for 2-3 months.)

We actually considering just ordering from those delivery services for a week, a 'staycruise' if you will.

Holland is just about the best cruise line fo dining as you describe.

LOL - as you can see by my user name, we are on the 10th hole (actually at the 150 yard line, so if someone slices, it lands in our yard. We have quite the golf ball collection but as of yet, no broken windows!)

And I've been using several meal delivery services for a few weeks - enjoy them immensely.

We are extremely happy at Del Webb, although I suspect they aren't all the same. In fact, not all neighborhoods within the community are the same, but most are very happy here and if they move for some reason, it's generally to another Del Webb or similar adult community.

Back to topic - I'm sure we'll dine in the MDR a few times. I would like to say for breakfast, but we aren't early risers so room service is phenomenal for us in the morning. We almost always make it out for lunch. Dinner is hit or miss, but I'll definitely keep in mind that there are hours if we want what is being served in the MDR. We did HAL from San Diego to Hawaii a few years back and I wasn't aware that it was an option so we ended up in the Lido when we were bored with the regular room service menu. I'm not a huge fan of the Lido for dinner.

LOL - as you can see by my user name, we are on the 10th hole (actually at the 150 yard line, so if someone slices, it lands in our yard. We have quite the golf ball collection but as of yet, no broken windows!)

And I've been using several meal delivery services for a few weeks - enjoy them immensely.

We are extremely happy at Del Webb, although I suspect they aren't all the same. In fact, not all neighborhoods within the community are the same, but most are very happy here and if they move for some reason, it's generally to another Del Webb or similar adult community.

Back to topic - I'm sure we'll dine in the MDR a few times. I would like to say for breakfast, but we aren't early risers so room service is phenomenal for us in the morning. We almost always make it out for lunch. Dinner is hit or miss, but I'll definitely keep in mind that there are hours if we want what is being served in the MDR. We did HAL from San Diego to Hawaii a few years back and I wasn't aware that it was an option so we ended up in the Lido when we were bored with the regular room service menu. I'm not a huge fan of the Lido for dinner.

Were you aware that full suites Neptune and Pinnacle, codes SA,SB,SC but not the other suites, offer breakfast service in the Pinnacle Grill? Same menus and same times as the MDR but much better service and environment.

There are also 'small bites' available in the Neptune lounge for full suites. You could make meal of them.

We are also on the 150 yard marker. Our house is older built in the 1970. It's been completely updated within and without. We replaced the windows using champion (saved a ton on utility bills.) We have a replacement for breakage at no cost, even if caused by an errant golf ball.

Have you visited Roger Jetts site. Complete menu's, etc. Worth a visit.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/

Were you aware that full suites Neptune and Pinnacle, codes SA,SB,SC but not the other suites, offer breakfast service in the Pinnacle Grill? Same menus and same times as the MDR but much better service and environment.

There are also 'small bites' available in the Neptune lounge for full suites. You could make meal of them.

We are also on the 150 yard marker. Our house is older built in the 1970. It's been completely updated within and without. We replaced the windows using champion (saved a ton on utility bills.) We have a replacement for breakage at no cost, even if caused by an errant golf ball.

Have you visited Roger Jetts site. Complete menu's, etc. Worth a visit.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/

Thank you - I'll check it out.