Are there young family activities on the Breakaway outside of the Splash Academy?

AJI2596

DH and I travel with our two kids girl 6 and boy 7. We have done both carnival sunshine and NCl gem before they ended the nickelodeon contract and breakaway last summer without nick. there is plenty activities for the family and kids to do. they do have a "build and animal" event. The build your own cupcake and make your own pizza events are not well advertised. we kind of stumbled across them. They take place at the dinner buffet and both were kind of just off in a little corner. but the lines were long so other people know about them. I can say there is a big difference in the activities @ the kids club with NCL than with carnival. On carnival it felt like baby sitting services but on the breakaway everyday is a different theme and they carry that theme into a party each night Pirates, super hero, Olympic and survivor island are a few I can remember. On the Breakaway we literally had to drag our kids away from camp daily. and then they begged to go back each night. On the ship they have a large fun mini golf course which we did as a family. and we let our little ones do the mini ropes course area then while they were at camp the next day hubby and I did the adult ropes course, and walked the plank!! Kids loved the huge trampoline. The kid is attached to bungee cords and they jump and flip in mid air. My kids said they felt like they were in the circus flying. Next to the trampoline is a huge bungee tower they climb up then slide down from the top. called the spider slide. The rock wall has 3 sections easy -hard our guy made it to the top and rang the bell of victory twice. I do miss the nickelodeon characters and events that they use to have but the breakaway has so much for kids to do that we honestly feel we have a good balance of family time and grown up time which we spend in the spa thermal suites...We enjoyed so much that as soon as we got home we rebooked the same cabin for this summer. Oh and they have the best family OV cabin with a full enclosed glass tub with shower. and vary spacious room with great storage. I hope this helps. HAPPY CRUISING

We never traveled on NCL with our children, 11, 8, 4. On Carnival, they have all family activities outside the kids club. example: build a bear, scavenger hunts...

Does NCL offer anything?

There are kids activities in the Freestyle daily. You can plan your day around them. There is mini golf. A splash pool for the younger kids, a family pool (which is deep) for the 11 yo. There are kids movies a few nights during the cruise.

And there is the kids club which has the majority of kids activities based on their age group.