RCI/Anthem/June Bermuda Cruise

Hi. I am trying to figure out which excursions to do while in Bermuda. Would prefer the 2 "nicest" beaches/activities but some sound similar and I am not sure what to choose. The goal is to have beautiful beaches...maybe some snorkeling...definitely lounge chairs/umbrellas and amenities (rest rooms, food/drink to purchase).

Can someone tell me what the difference between RCI's "Day at the Beach"and "Snorkel Park" excursions are? Sounds like the same beach at the Naval Yard; one with chairs included and one not? Also, comments on Horseshoe Bay Beach? Sounds nice but didn't want the hassle of having to take a bus somewhere unless you feel this is not to be missed?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

A lot of people like to go to Horseshoe Beach but that can be crowded and touristy. I have been to Bermuda 3 times. I like to take the bus to Gibbs lighthouse, spend the day at church bay and then catch the bus to the swizzle in and eat the delicious food and have a pitcher of rum swizzle...then take the bus back. They had a guy at church bay that you could rent snorkels etc and I believe he even had food for purchase.

I must warn you that unless you are going at the END of June it quite possibly will not be beach weather. We went Memorial day weekend and it was very much to cold to be on the beach. Bermuda can be very windy as well. I learned my lesson and went back at the end of July.

ETA: the bus is not a hassle at all! This coming from someone that does not take public transport regularly.

Edited by andrew2346
additional info

We did not book an excursion for the beach, we took one of the shuttles that you can just walk up to at the Dockyard that go to Horseshoe Bay beach. They were $7 per person each way and left as soon as they filled up. When you are done at the beach, there are shuttles waiting to take you back. The ones we used were clean and very new, drivers were friendly and dropped us off right at Anthem and took the rest of the people closer to NCL Dawn. The benefit of these shuttles vs the public bus, is that they go down the hill to the beach, the public bus stops at the top of the hill. Taxis to beach were $24 for up to 4 people, if I remember correctly. Horseshoe was busy the day we were there in September but not too bad. We did not pay for chairs or an umbrella as we stayed in the water the whole time we were there.

Bermuda has many beautiful beaches. Horseshoe is the most famous but can get crowded if there are several ships in port. The other beaches are smaller. Most have good snorkeling.

You can get to most of them by bus or ferry/bus combination.

Try gotobermuda.com or tripadvisor.com for ideas and reviews.

Snorkel Park is a man-made beach and doesn't offer very good snorkeling. However, you can walk to it and don't need to do an excursion.

We love Bermuda. We've visited by cruise and by airplane. The public transportation is great, safe, and easy to get around. Everyone on the island uses it, including the school children. The bus drivers are highly respected and are most definitely in charge. On our last trip, there was one stop where the driver opened the door, told the gentleman standing there he couldn't get on the bus because he smelled. She told him to try the next bus or get himself a shower. LOL The schoolkids have a lot of respect for the drivers, so much more than the kids here in my neck of the woods.

My favorite spot is in St Georges, there is a small bakery with the most amazing cinnamon rolls. If you don't get there early enough they sell out. We ate there I think three times. LOL