Theme Night

cruser3

My family and I will be on the Splendor in July. How will I be able to find out if there is a theme, White Party or 80's Party. I want to have this information pre-cruise.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dennis

There's no guarantee but those types of theme parties of pretty much staples on Carnival. There also may be some consistency on which night they are held but that can get tricky due to ships, itinerary and length factoring in the Cruise Director's prerogative.

So the answer is probably but no way to tell when (day/time).

For itineraries three (3) days or less you will have one Mexican Fiesta Deck Party.

For itineraries four - five (4-5) days, there will be one 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party.

For itineraries of six (6) days or more there will be two deck parties onboard so pack a sombrero for the Mexican Fiesta Deck Party and/or something fluro for our 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party. There will also be a Caribbean/Island Theme Night in the dining room.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

My family and I will be on the Splendor in July. How will I be able to find out if there is a theme, White Party or 80's Party. I want to have this information pre-cruise.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dennis[/quote

If there's a White Party, it will be at one of the lounges. If you're wearing white, you'll get a discount on your drink. The Fun Times will say which lounge and which night. If you're referring to a deck party on the Lido deck, that too will be posted in the Fun Times. There may be a Red Frog night, and you're encouraged to wear a red t-shirt, or a Blue Iguana night, and you're encouraged to wear a blue t-shirt. It doesn't really mean anything. Just a way to get people to join in the festivities on the Lido deck. Typically, the deck parties are held on nights when there is no dive-in movie scheduled. Maybe someone that's recently cruised on the Splendor can give you more detailed information.

The white party on our 7-day Conquest cruise in July didn't start until midnight - we had white clothes but we didn't have the stamina. It had already been a long day and I think we had to get up early again the next day so we skipped it although we boarded the ship with every intention of going.

Unlike other cruise lines the "theme nights" on Carnival are more of a party name than an ship wide dress code.

The White Hot Dance Party will be 1 hour long "happy hour" type of thing in the dance club. Where any speck of white and get $1-2 off of either Stoli or other vodka label (bar manager's choice) drinks. On some ships it may be starting as early as 10 pm while on others it will not be held until 11 pm or midnight. On many cruises it is held to cap off the first Elegant Night. Everyone that enters the dance club regardless of the color they dressed in will have the same chance of receiving the give-aways or throws. Around the rest of the ship nothing is geared to highlighting people wearing white, no black light nor special photo backdrops.

The late night deck and other dance/pub parties, Motown, 80's, Mexican Fiesta, Michael Jackson, 70's night, the glow party, beach blanket, etc. all encourage you to dress to the theme but don't require it to participate. Carnival realizes that most passengers will not sacrifice precious packing space for "costumes" for a 1 hour special dance theme. In fact on some nights there will be 2 or more themes run in the dance club or one type of theme in a lounge featuring music while a deck party with a different theme is running up on the Lido deck after the movies have finished.

• 3 months later...