Day 6, 1st Sea Day - Connections Party date?

bbappel

Most of the cruises I've been on recently had a sea day the second, third, or fourth day of the cruise. Ours has the first sea day on the 6th day (counting embarkation as Day 1).

Has anyone experienced this? And if you have, when was the Connections Party?

I would like to be able to give our Roll Call a heads up.

I have read (and posted to) the thread about the lack of invitations in the cabins on Reflection recently, but this is a separate issue so my post wasn't quite appropriate.

Our first 5 days are intense: 1) Embarkation; 2) La Spezia; 3) Villefranche; 4 & 5) Overnight in Barcelona. I can't see anyone giving up time in those ports for a Connections party and evenings are not a good time since dining times are varied. We hope it won't be at embarkation since we've planned a meet-up for Sailaway but if that's when it is, so be it.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Stay warm (or cool if that's appropriate)!

Beth

We normally have had ours on the 1 st day after embarkation as its been a sea day but we had a change when the 1st day wasn't a sea day. They did it on embarkation after muster and it really messed up a meet we'd all arranges at sunset bar, they also did it in quasar indoors when we were sailing out of a glorious sunshine port. It wasn't well attended.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our med cruise the only sea day was the last day. We had our connections party on the helipad when we sailed away from Sorrento. It was lovely as the sun was starting to set.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe we were on the ame cruise, and SAILAWAY from Sorrento was just beautiful from the helipad with a glass of bubbly in hand! That was the second of a b2b for us . , . the first cruise started in Venice, and we also had a helipad sailaway . . . from Venice! Spectacular! I think much depends on the "Events Coordinator" and their wish to make it special. If you don't get an invitation, do check as it may be something unique. You'll have a wonderful time; Barcelona will be a great place to overnight!

Thanks for your comments. I'll add a caution to our calendar that the Connections may conflict with Sailaway. If it is in Quasar and a beautiful evening, I'll say hello and bolt, since I'd rather be outdoors. If on the Helipad, that sounds terrific. I will also comment on our Roll Call to look for the invitation immediately AND if not found, to check by Guest Relations. Thank you again.

Beth

I believe we were on the ame cruise, and SAILAWAY from Sorrento was just beautiful from the helipad with a glass of bubbly in hand! That was the second of a b2b for us . , . the first cruise started in Venice, and we also had a helipad sailaway . . . from Venice! Spectacular! I think much depends on the "Events Coordinator" and their wish to make it special. If you don't get an invitation, do check as it may be something unique. You'll have a wonderful time; Barcelona will be a great place to overnight!

Was that the Rome to Istanbul on Constellation in September 2015? Our favourite cruise yet. Feel lucky we got to spend time in Istanbul.

Was that the Rome to Istanbul on Constellation in September 2015? Our favourite cruise yet. Feel lucky we got to spend time in Istanbul

It was. We also loved those 2 cruises, which we did b2b. Very fortunate to have spent a few days in Istanbul, which we loved.

Med cruises are port intensive. I never bother with Connection parties as they usually fall on a port day or sailaway.

I'm confused, why did you answer this question? I obviously am interested in the Connections party because I've been interacting with people on our Roll Call and it is an opportunity to meet them and often meet the captain and crew. So despite the itinerary, I want to go. Telling me you don't bother with them doesn't help me know when the party will be. Do you know when the party will be, even though you aren't interested.

I'm confused, why did you answer this question? I obviously am interested in the Connections party because I've been interacting with people on our Roll Call and it is an opportunity to meet them and often meet the captain and crew. So despite the itinerary, I want to go. Telling me you don't bother with them doesn't help me know when the party will be. Do you know when the party will be, even though you aren't interested.

Did you go to your Roll Call?

And I'm saying that NO ONE KNOWS when the connections party will be on because every cruise has different schedules and in the case of port intensive cruises there may be a conflict between sailaways, port stops etc. I've never seen the Captain attend one. And that's why I have no interest in them.

Did you go to your Roll Call?

I'm an active participant on the Roll Call. I try to always attend the Connections Party and assist in organizing a Sailaway get together. On this cruise, it seems it may conflict with the Connections Party - thus the question for those who have been on a port intensive itinerary AND attended the Connections Party. I'm hoping we can do both; in my experience, not everyone does both. Some do the Sailaway, some the Connections party, some neither and I never get to meet them. :(

Beth

Out of Barcelona on a Med cruise, ours was held in a lounge immediately after the muster drill. This was prearranged and we all knew about it thanks to a very active roll call member. She had called the Captain's Club to organize it. It was very well attended and many people had joined forces for private tours, so it gave us a chance to get our tour groups together. A Jr. cruise director attended, not the Captain.