Jewel of the Seas - what time can we board in Ft. Lauderdale?

cruzrus2

Can anyone tell me the earliest time you can board the Jewel in Ft. Lauderdale? We leave this weekend and our cruise book says we can board beginning at 2 p.m but the ship leaves at 5 or 6 so I know we must be able to get on before 2:00. We would like to board as early as possible and try to avoid the rush.

Thanks!

Haven't done the Jewel out of Ft Lauderdale yet, but have done other cruises out of there and we got on the ship around 12:00 or 1:00. I hope that holds true for the Jewel because I will be ther this Saturday waiting to get on the ship also. From what I remember it's a small terminal and you sit in an area until they are ready. Hopefully they will be ready early. See you there! I'll be the one at the bar falling off the stool. It's been a long 9 months since the last cruise.

Just thinking about the same topic. What time do most folks get to the pier (i.e. when does security let you in)? We got to the pier around 10:30 for our last 2 Mariner cruises, parked and then got in line. They had just opened the pier to departing cruisers (lots of folks getting off). I think that Fort Lauderdale has a Diamond/Platinium lounge also.

We boarded Jewel of the Seas in Fort Lauderdale about 11:00 or 11:30AM last November 2004. One thing to remember is that your cabin may not be ready that early. In fact, the main door to your cabin passageway is closed until about 1 or 1:30PM.

We just schlepped around with our carry ons and ate at the Windjammer. But Jewel does offer a guarded room where you can leave your carry ons until your cabin is ready. That is really better than having your carry ons with you, so you can explore the ship and eat unencumbered.

Archived