Service on the Voyager

In Alaska the tours both included and extra payment all meet on the port. It seemed to be a better way of working things and I don't recal anyone being late.

I have seen afternoon excursions handled this way but not morning ones. If Alaska excursions meet outside of the ship, it is a good thing!

Rick, Sometimes even a "cat" has to eat crow (North American slang). This excursion could not have been more perfect (wondering if someone was reading this thread?) In any case, this is how it went (tour description on the "live" thread.

So, when things go right, I am the first person to speak up. However, issues mentioned in my previous cruise happened. If all excursions were like today, I would have completely different feelings (note: approximately 50 passengers on two buses -- have no idea how the other 650+ fared).

Thank you for all of your thorough and honest reviews of Regent. It helped me validate our booking choice and also provide additional research I did not find elsewhere. Question on this topic: Do you find the Fee-based tours are handled better/differently? I would guess they aren't as crowded or popular, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for all of your thorough and honest reviews of Regent. It helped me validate our booking choice and also provide additional research I did not find elsewhere. Question on this topic: Do you find the Fee-based tours are handled better/differently? I would guess they aren't as crowded or popular, but I could be wrong.

This is a difficult question to answer. Overall, I would say yes - fee-based tours are better - generally less crowded and the destinations are more interesting. However, it depends upon what part of the world you are in Included excursions in the Middle East and Africa are, for the most part, very good to excellent. We do not care for most included excursions in the Mediterranean or Caribbean.

Since we pay for those excursions months in advance and must cancel them in advance to avoid losing the payment, there is less chaos onboard the ship with "no-shows". Also, if I did not mention this earlier, once onboard, you can receive your money back (in cash - not credit card) and use on board credits to pay for the excursion.

On our cruise that just ended, both of our included excursions were good (no Regent Choice excursions were offered). One excursion included a delicious lunch with wine and the other included tapas and sherry. Our favorite and probably most expensive excursions are ones offered on the Explorer ...... the Culinary excursions were the Chef accompanies the small group to a local restaurant where you may (or may not) be able to help prepare lunch.

Hope that this helps!