Allure with triplet 10yr olds?? Expert advice sought

Hello,

My wife and I are considering the Allure over Thanksgiving 2018 for the first time (for us too) with our 10yr old triplets. We took them on the Disney Dream a few years back and they loved it. The ship looks beautiful but I am afraid all of our time will be waiting in lines or having to camp out super early for shows or Dinner???? Any advice is greatly welcomed. I have read a bit of both sides on CC so far and will keep digging. Thank you in advance....

We are about to go on Allure for spring break. I think the key is to book EVERYTHING ahead of time- dining, shows, etc. If you have reservations for everything you shouldn't have to worry about lines or missing anything.

Takes away all the spontaneity but otherwise you'll be out of luck! I'll do a complete trip report at the end of April!

Hello,

My wife and I are considering the Allure over Thanksgiving 2018 for the first time (for us too) with our 10yr old triplets. We took them on the Disney Dream a few years back and they loved it. The ship looks beautiful but I am afraid all of our time will be waiting in lines or having to camp out super early for shows or Dinner???? Any advice is greatly welcomed. I have read a bit of both sides on CC so far and will keep digging. Thank you in advance....

Hi we sail in two weeks on the Allure. We booked all our shows about 90 days out in the cruise planner. We had early dining which they changed from 6 to 5:30, so we switched to my time as some of our ports are later. We will play dinner by ear with our kids. May go to buffet, depending on their behavior and kids club activities. My boys are 9 and almost 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As others have said, just make sure and book everything as soon as you can. Also, if you are doing MTD choosing an earlier time can help minimize your wait. For example: A 7pm reservation has a much greater chance for the dining room to get backed up than a 5:30 reservation.

I have a very impatient 6yo, so I understand the fear of waiting in lines. Some other things to consider. You may see people post that they arrived 45 minutes before a show to get seats, but if you have reservations that is not necessary. Those people just wanted premiums seats. Cruise ship theaters are not all that big and the seating will still be fine 20 minutes before. I believe that it is at 15 minutes that they start letting in people without reservations, so do arrive before that time.