Heating pads?

Luv my furbaby

I'm the same. I wondered about this too, and thought that they probably would be fine with it - folks take curling irons and the like. These are very much the same. However, I will be bringing my hot water bottle (the pink bladder white screw top stopper kind) next week. I figured they couldn't possibly take that away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry but no heating pads allowed. I too have chronic pain and got a note from my doctor to bring a heating pad along that shuts off automatically as a safety feature and they said no we could not. HOWEVER, they provided me with these really cool hot packs that you burst and it's warm – hot and you put it on whatever part of your body you need heat. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have taken a heating pad on every cruise we have taken. I have never had a problem. Unless they go through your luggage they will never know you have it as long as you put it away when you leave your cabin.

My wife has taken her heating pad on every NCL cruise we've been on ....Escape, Getaway, Pearl....never had a problem....when we leave the room in the morning the heating pad is usually on the floor...and all of our room stewards have always made the bed and then neatly placed the heating pad on my wife's pillow

I'm sorry but no heating pads allowed. I too have chronic pain and got a note from my doctor to bring a heating pad along that shuts off automatically as a safety feature and they said no we could not. HOWEVER, they provided me with these really cool hot packs that you burst and it's warm – hot and you put it on whatever part of your body you need heat. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Who provided you with the hot pads, the cruise?

I've taken my small heating pad and had no problems on 7 ncl cruises, and I don't hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always bring a heating pad, along with an extension cord, and have never had a problem. Never bothered to unplug it or hide it when out of the cabin. On one cruise (Carnival, not Norwegian,) we forgot the extension cord and the room steward scared one up for us (industrial strength, to boot, lol)

Just because a cabin steward does not mention or confiscate an item from a cabin he/she is servicing (at the risk of irritating a customer he/she has to face daily) does not mean it is allowed. While heating pads are not specifically prohibited, they do fall under the umbrella of "any other item that may cause a fire hazard". Generally, any item with a heating element, with the exception of hair care appliances, is prohibited. Heating pads and electric blankets cause hundreds of house fires every year. And before anyone mentions the "auto-off" feature, let me just say that this is the component that most often fails on electrical heating equipment. Mr. Coffee almost went out of business in the 80's from lawsuits about house fires caused by their defective "auto-off" switches.