Clarification of bringing beverages onboard at embarkation

gigem_aggies

I am wondering if the 12 pack of soda can be replaced with a 12 pack of juice (cans)? Are they picky about that? I have purchased Bottomless Bubbles for my kids but they do not drink soda yet and I'd like to bring juice that I am sure is healthier juice. Thx

From Carnival's website:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in*cans*or*cartons*may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

From Carnival's website:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in*cans*or*cartons*may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Oh boy, guess I could have looked that up myself 🙄. Sorry for making you do my legwork for me but thanks!!

I am wondering if the 12 pack of soda can be replaced with a 12 pack of juice (cans)? Are they picky about that? I have purchased Bottomless Bubbles for my kids but they do not drink soda yet and I'd like to bring juice that I am sure is healthier juice. Thx

Yes - and don't forget about juice boxes. We have taken them on as juice isn't available through the day in the buffet area and my mother prefers the odd flavours (strawberry banana or mango pineapple). We mix them with some sprite zero for a tropical tasting (alcohol free) cocktail.

Doesn't Cheers offer a 25% discount on a bottle of wine? You could buy a bottle and take it to your room to enjoy on the balcony. Saves a few bucks. :D

This is true. I don't know this for certain as I have never purchased wine on board but I am willing to guess that even after the 25% discount I am still going to be offended by the price of the wine as markups for such things are outrageous on the ship. However, I will look through the boards and find some wine prices by the bottle and compare them to the prices on land and see where the 25% discount leaves me. if it is close enough I may just decide to buy the bottle i seek on board.

Bring some packaging tape with you in your carry-on. We were on the Breeze 2 weeks ago out of Galveston. While we only took ONE 12-pack of cans for the two of us, the security guy opened up the carton to pull a few cans out to make sure we weren't trying to sneak in a couple of cans of beer in there. Made it a little challenging for hubby to carry it the rest of the way through registration and getting onto the ship. Wish we had either brought some packaging tape or a bag to put all of the cans in after security.

I know that the website says 750ml on the bottles of wine.....and that's what we bring....but have you noticed the number of people that get thru with the larger (1.5L) bottle of wine?? I'm wondering if the security people are not aware of the size limit or don't care....I'm tempted to bring the larger bottles this time, but worried that they would be confiscated....I have never seen security confiscate bottles of wine....only soda in bottles (made that mistake once)...

I know that the website says 750ml on the bottles of wine.....and that's what we bring....but have you noticed the number of people that get thru with the larger (1.5L) bottle of wine?? I'm wondering if the security people are not aware of the size limit or don't care....I'm tempted to bring the larger bottles this time, but worried that they would be confiscated....I have never seen security confiscate bottles of wine....only soda in bottles (made that mistake once)...

If you really want to take a chance, how about a 4 or 5 liter box in your checked luggage? If they take it, it's sealed and you get it back at the end of your cruise.

Thanks for your input....(insert eye roll here)

You can roll your eyes but the fact is that a lot of people post here about doing just that, without getting caught. I haven't, and not saying you should, however it seems to be done pretty frequently.

You can roll your eyes but the fact is that a lot of people post here about doing just that, without getting caught. I haven't, and not saying you should, however it seems to be done pretty frequently.

Thanks....I will roll my eyes because my question/thought had NOTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO SMUGGLE WINE IN MY LUGGAGE...so let's not twist this around...I was just wondering if anyone had experienced any issue with security and size of their wine bottle(s)??

I guess I should not be surprised that every thread on this board contains snarky comments from anonymous posters....really sad that people cannot come here and post thoughts/questions/observations without getting bashed...............

If you really want to take a chance, how about a 4 or 5 liter box in your checked luggage? If they take it, it's sealed and you get it back at the end of your cruise.

Back in the day, if you were caught smuggling, they would hold your bottle/box and you could pick it up and take it home the end of the cruise. I guess they wised up and realized that people would try to smuggle JUST for that reason. I mean, WTH, you are going to get it back anyway, so why not try. So they no longer do that. They "discard" it. :(Please no flaming, but I know this for a fact because I tried to sneak on a box of wine and as we were doing our galley tour I saw my box of wine on the liquor storage counter, along with a dozen other types of liquors/liquers!!! :eek::eek: So maybe they use confiscated wine and liquor in recipes. And yes, I KNOW it was my box!

For the solo cruising poster: I agree you SHOULD be able t carry on 2 bottles if you are paying for 2 passengers. We have done a few B2B's and I have always thought I should be able to bring on 4 bottles and just show both my cruise documents, but didn't work. Also going on a Journeys cruise (2 weeks) and wish they would allow more than one bottle/pp for those cruises also. Maybe a bottle for up to 1 week, then another bottle for any cruises that are longer. But guess we have to take what we can get. ;)

Thanks....I will roll my eyes because my question/thought had NOTHING TO DO WITH TRYING TO SMUGGLE WINE IN MY LUGGAGE...so let's not twist this around...I was just wondering if anyone had experienced any issue with security and size of their wine bottle(s)??

I guess I should not be surprised that every thread on this board contains snarky comments from anonymous posters....really sad that people cannot come here and post thoughts/questions/observations without getting bashed...............

I wasn't trying to bash anyone or be snarky, and I apologize if I came across that way!

I have taken a larger bottle of wine with me twice, and in my defense, it really was a mistake. I did not realize until way after the fact what size it was-I mean, this was in the olden days before I even found CC! Remembering back, they inspected it to make sure it was WINE and did not bat an eyelash at the size. (I remember thinking I could have brought a jug on with me! ;p) But again, it was a long time ago and I honestly think it's just a crap shoot what "inspector" you get. You have to ask yourself how you would feel if they took the bottle if it was too big and whether that's worth the gamble.

My response was not snarky at all, YOU were the one that suggested breaking the rules and attempting to carry on a 1.5 LTR bottle of wine instead of the allowed 750 ml bottle. If you're going to break the rules, why not just do as I suggested? Why break the rules by a foot when you can take a yard? You're still breaking them one way or another.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Edited by SNJCruisers

My response was not snarky at all, YOU were the one that suggested breaking the rules and attempting to carry on a 1.5 LTR bottle of wine instead of the allowed 750 ml bottle. If you're going to break the rules, why not just do as I suggested? Why break the rules by a foot when you can take a yard? You're still breaking them one way or another.

I never SUGGESTED anything....that was you...(I said 'I'm tempted to bring the larger bottles'..not a suggestion at all)...and your SUGGESTION for me to smuggle a box of wine in my luggage was snarky ...just sayin...lets not twist the facts...

I never SUGGESTED anything....that was you...(I said 'I'm tempted to bring the larger bottles'..not a suggestion at all)...and your SUGGESTION for me to smuggle a box of wine in my luggage was snarky ...just sayin...lets not twist the facts...

You're spin doctoring your statement. Must be your inner lawyer, Anita.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

You're spin doctoring your statement. Must be your inner lawyer, Anita.

(Insert eye roll here....again) ok...whatever

So the final clarification is: 1-750ml bottle of wine per adult passenger 21 and over and 12-12oz cans of non alcoholic beverage per passenger of any age...

We sailed the Vista in December. There were 4 of us in a room - 2 adults and 2 children. We brought 2 bottle of wine and 48 mixed cans of soda, La Croix, V8 Fusion juice, and apple juice boxes. No issues.

Pro tip: Pack these in luggage with wheels since you have to carry them through boarding and up to the cabin. We had no problem doing this. We flew to MIA the evening before, took out the clothes from our one luggage piece and transferred those to a duffel bag we checked with Carnival, and then went to a Walmart and filled the wheeled luggage. Easy peasy.