Which way would you drink?

dad son team

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread.

DH and I have thought, (up until now) that "we wouldn't drink enough to make it worth it." However, after reading all of these posts, we're going for it! We love specialty coffees, and would definitely want bottled water and powerade (?) drinks. Even if we don't drink 15 alcoholic beverages everyday, the others will make up for it. As someone said, we're on vacation, and we'll just factor it in to the cruise price.:)

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread.

DH and I have thought, (up until now) that "we wouldn't drink enough to make it worth it." However, after reading all of these posts, we're going for it! We love specialty coffees, and would definitely want bottled water and powerade (?) drinks. Even if we don't drink 15 alcoholic beverages everyday, the others will make up for it. As someone said, we're on vacation, and we'll just factor it in to the cruise price.:)

I think you made the right decision. After your cruise please let us know if you did!

I am debating purchasing the Cheers package for the first time but I'm not sure it's worth it for me. Normally I have a couple drinks a day but I know I sometimes skip buying a drink to save the money because I don't really need another drink so I'm not sure how much I really would drink if it was "unlimited"

On a different line I got to sign for a $24 bill after ordering two glasses of wine. Then I decided to buy a package. It may or may not have been profitable to do so, but amounts like that are big enough for me to think about them. For me, a vacation is defined by not having to make decisions. I drank more than I would without a package, the ship earned more than it would without the package, and the waiter at the Martini bar apparently got a very nice reward for selling me a package. Win-win-win.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone experience "slow service" because they were Cheers members? I've read that S&S customers get faster service while the Cheers members are served last (yes, beyond the 5 minute wait period).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did anyone experience "slow service" because they were Cheers members? I've read that S&S customers get faster service while the Cheers members are served last (yes, beyond the 5 minute wait period).

Not our experience. We had Cheers and as soon as I tipped the bartender on my first drink (over and above the pre-paid) I was his/her best friend. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Nope

That's what thought! I have no problem over tipping so I'm sure we'll be fine.

Works like a charm. We had the bartenders on the Serenity deck making our drinks before we got up to the bar. Always greeted us by name from Day 1 to Day 7.

Sent from my iPhone

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input!

I agonized over whether to add Cheers or not, and I finally hit the purchase button tonight (2 days before sailing :D). It is vacation, this is a shorter cruise, and darn it, I don't want to play "snatch the bill" from my hubby all weekend. Now we can just relax, it's already paid for, and Mama will have the liquid patience to not try arguing against the need for another stuffed animal souvenir.

By the way, you don't have to keep track of how many you drink each day to do a comparison. Your final statement will have all of your drinks that you ordered at $0 plus gratuity. We just counted them up and assigned a price and figured it that way. We pretty much broke even.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Since I started this and I'm back from my cruise I thought I would let you know how it went. I got the cheers and did not hit the 15 drink max on any day. I got to 14 on the first sea day and I don't think I broke 10 on any other day. I did reach the 5-6 daily minimum to get to the break even so I do feel like I got my money's worth. I also found myself getting more drinks because I could, not because I really wanted one. Although the pre-dinner martini's could easily become a habit. If I had to do it again, I think I would depend on the number of sea days, and the social situation of the cruise. If I was going with a group and we were doing a lot of sitting around bars chatting or being social, then I can see drinking more.