Benefits of booking on board?

bebberjean

The usually offer some sort of bonus, but it changes quite often. When I was onboard it meant that you'd get given the best type of room in that category for the price of the lowest. You also lock in the offers like SDP/Beverage package that are on offer at the time. You can change your mind once without penalty.

No real risks, other than an upfront investment at that time and a chance of missing a better set of bonuses/offers at another time.

On the Epic two weeks ago there were no really good promotions, so they advised not to book on board, but get the future cruise credits that were BOGO. You could wait and see what offers came up and book then.

The usually offer some sort of bonus, but it changes quite often. When I was onboard it meant that you'd get given the best type of room in that category for the price of the lowest. You also lock in the offers like SDP/Beverage package that are on offer at the time. You can change your mind once without penalty.

No real risks, other than an upfront investment at that time and a chance of missing a better set of bonuses/offers at another time.

Never checked this out before. I think I will this time!

Thank You!!

On the Epic two weeks ago there were no really good promotions, so they advised not to book on board, but get the future cruise credits that were BOGO. You could wait and see what offers came up and book then.

Thanks!!

When I printed my cruise docs it showed getting an OBC with new booking!?!?! I think the deposit on the new booking is only $250. Is this enough to go ahead and book, I'll be thinking about it! :confused:

When I was on Getaway the 2nd week of Feb, I was ready to buy a Future Cruise Certificate and book our Bermuda cruise on the Escape for May 2018. The gal at the desk said that she recommended we only the certificate and book at home once we checked out travel agents for a lower price. I was slightly taken aback that she would make such a suggestion.

Don't want to worry anybody but I booked a cruise onboard and when I got on land I realised that the cruise I had booked wasn't going to any of the ports I thought I was going too.... they'd told me the cruise was going to a completely different place :')

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always buy the future cruise credits and i booked on board once. I had everything with me to do the booking. I knew the ship, date, room type, deck, etc... The Next Cruise staff was not up to speed on the promotions and supposedly, you got an "extra" for booking on board.

There was no extra and as soon as we got home, I called and completely rebooked to straighten things out.

I suggest get a future cruise credit or two, and book at home.

We were just on the Dawn out of New Orleans 2/26 to 3/5. Already had a 10 night RT cruise booked on the Gem out of New York this fall to Quebec City. Checked what we would get with the Cruise Next Lady, if we rebooked while on board. NCL would only give us one category up grade in the balcony cabin we already had. But by canceling our original booking, we would loose a lot of extras from our original booking. It wasn't worth it! We did buy 2 Future Cruise Credits of $500 for only $250. But only $250 was charged to our onboard account. The Cruise Next Lady said they could do it that way. And we will be able to use both the Future Cruise Credits on our cruise this fall.