Future cruise credit question

tjt87

I have 2 cruises booked for this year, 1 just me and the wife, the 2nd with the family.

The family cruise is in December this year, we have 3 cabins booked and final payment is due in August (I think)

So my question is this. Could I buy 3 future cruise credits (FCC) on the May cruise and use them against the December cruise. 1 for each cabin.

Will it make any difference that the December cruise is booked via a TA.

Thanks in advance

The terms and conditions say that CruiseNext certificates can be applied to new reservations only. There have, however, been reports here that some were able to apply them to existing bookings -- I imagine bookings that were before final payment.

So, unfortunately, your answer is - perhaps.

• 2 months later...
The terms and conditions say that CruiseNext certificates can be applied to new reservations only. There have, however, been reports here that some were able to apply them to existing bookings -- I imagine bookings that were before final payment.

Just to add that I purchase future cruise vouchers whilst on Norwegian Spirit last December and as soon as I got home contacted NCL and was able to apply 2 vouchers to an existing booking. It was before final payment

Yes. See the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page > https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

I've done it, but basically they have to cancel and rebook. If there's no change in price or freebies, you win. However, if there's changes in price or promo offers, you may be able to use the certificate, but get booked at that days higher price of without those "good" promos that made you book early.

We were in exactly the same position. My wife and I were on the Jade two weeks ago and we have another cruise booked with family on the Spirit in late November.

We knew about future cruise but had it explained to us again by some new friends who cruised quite a lot with NCL.

The upshot was that we purchased two vouchers and asked if we could use them on our already booked cruise as we haven't finished paying for it yet. We were told the exact same thing, we would have to cancel our cruise and rebook. It was also suggested that the rebooked cruise would be considerably more expensive than the original even if we used the vouchers. Something to do with perks/offers on the original that would not be available on the rebooking and a new price etc. plus loss of latitudes points because we booked it as an Insider deal and a year in advance which would still be honoured on the original but not the rebooking.

Anyway we'll save the vouchers for another cruise, it's a cracking deal and we've got 4 years to use them.