On Board Credit and Shore Excursion Credit

jimmyjackson

I have $60 OBC and have chosen the shore excursion credit as one of my offers. We stop at 4 ports with excursions booked, so the total will be $200 in credit for that. Will the $200 be put back on my card that I booked the excursion on, or is it an on board credit? If it is a credit, can that along with the $60 be applied towards my service charges at end of the cruise?

From the Free at Sea Terms & Conditions...

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit: $50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167
or booking onboard.

If you have already booked your excursions, call...

I take you have already booked and paid for the excursions? I believe if you call the shore excursions number they will let you book the excursions without paying for them if u have the port credit so it can be accounted for properly on the ship. You may want to call and see if ur cc can be refunded so u don't end up w too much OBC that can't be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I just called that number and they said the credit will still be issued even though I booked the excursions online at NCL. The $50 credit will be issued at each port to my account and whatever I don't use by the end of the cruise they'll issue a check.

Yes, even though the terms of the promo say that you can only get the credit if you do things their way, plenty of people have booked online and pre-paid, and still received the credit on board. And since it's basically a refund, it would make sense for the $50 OBC to be refundable, meaning that you can use it for the daily service charges.

As for your other $60 of OBC, it may or may not be refundable, you would have to ask whoever's giving it to you.

• 2 months later...

After reading other's posts I was concerned also that we had booked our excursions (back-to-back cruises )before finding out about the need to call the reservation number or book on board. I called (after already booking/paying) and was told that the credit will still be applied after each excursion and credited to our on board account. The amount not spent will be returned by check after cruise. Works out better for me since I am using some of the initial costs to help meet initial spend requirements for new credit card. Getting the money back directly after the cruise works out better in this case.