Coral Pottery Classes

cruznliz

We're considering a cruise on the Coral next winter and were wondering if they offer pottery classes, such as painting ceramic pieces or throwing pottery? I have heard the ship classes are lots of fun. Has anyone done it on the Coral recently?

Grand Princess Transatlantic - August 27, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

The Princess website says both the Coral and the Island (our ship) have them. My daugh5ter is particularly excited. I am saving my pennies (LOL!)

RCCI Legend of the Seas to Alaska 8/02

NCL Star to Hawaii 04/04

Next up:

Island Princess to Alaska 8/13/05

Has anyone taken these pottery classes yet? I'd love to know what to expect. It sounds like a relaxing way to spend some time on our Diamond cruise next year.

I can't wait for our first Princess cruise! icon_smile.gif

Bobbie

Days until our next cruise - Diamond Princess - April 23, 2005 !!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cruises so far:

Norwegian Dawn - April 2004

Norwegian Dawn - April 2003

I did the pottery last month on the Regal princess. It was a lot of fun. they had several different patterns to choose from.

Delores

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Are we making a piece or selecting a pre-made piece to paint?

I'm envisioning sitting at the potter's wheel creating............a blob!!

Bobbie

Days until our next cruise - Diamond Princess - April 23, 2005 !!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cruises so far:

Norwegian Dawn - April 2004

Norwegian Dawn - April 2003

The Coral and Island offer both throwing classes and paint your own pottery sessions. We did both. On our first sea day we signed up for the throwing class. There were four pottery wheels (3 students and 1 instructor). You get to make your own bowl. It was a lot of fun. The wheels are set up on the deck overlooking the Lotus pool. The bowls are taken to dry and in a day or two you can go to the pottery studio to paint them. They get fired and then on the last sea day there is a champagne pick up party. You get to see all of the bowls, plates, tiles, etc that everyone made.

We had fun painting our our bowls so much that we went back and picked out plates to paint. The pottery studio has a nice selection of paints, brushes, sponges and tools to work with. There were about 10 of us that seemed to be in the studio a lot and it was nice to get to know more people. The fees were good too. I think our class was $35 each and the plates were $25--or close to that.

Another good thing was that when you went to the studio there were different members of the crusie staff there. It was a great opportunity to ask questions about the industry, how they got their jobs, what kind of money they make, what they get to do in the off hours. We learned quite a bit from each staff member and it made us appreciate Princess even more.

Archived