Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Launches GoBe Booking Company For Private Tours

LauraS

Check out the latest Royal Caribbean News from Cruise Critic:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Launches GoBe Booking Company For Private Tours

Thanks so much for the link. I just compared their price for a Balmoral Dolphin excursion we booked. If we go through GoBe we'll save $175. And I like that they guarantee to get you back to your ship. From what I can tell they offer everything RCI does.

I am also pricing a tour through GoBe and like that the tour is capped at 20. Looking at booking their Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour for the 2nd day in San Francisco of our Sept 15, 2017 Explorer cruise. Is a bit cheaper than Royal's tour and am ok that the tour length varies 1 hour (GoBe at 3.5 and Royal at 4.5).

Wow! Just checked our ports of call for S Caribbean. Their excursions are RIDICULOUSLY priced.

We haven't taken a cruise line tour in years and always depend on indys because of price, less crowded and the ability to pick and choose what you want to do.

Michael........

Wow! Just checked our ports of call for S Caribbean. Their excursions are RIDICULOUSLY priced.

We haven't taken a cruise line tour in years and always depend on indys because of price, less crowded and the ability to pick and choose what you want to do.

Michael........

"Ridiculously" priced in what way, Michael? You thing the price is good or you feel it is too high? Non-private tours like the one we are looking at in San Fran is the lowest I have found that will pick us up at port and keep the number of guests to a manageable amount.

"Ridiculously" priced in what way, Michael? You thing the price is good or you feel it is too high? Non-private tours like the one we are looking at in San Fran is the lowest I have found that will pick us up at port and keep the number of guests to a manageable amount.

Way too high in price. But I was only looking at the islands for our next cruise. YMMD.

Another problem is now you want be able to book with these private companies yourself because RCL or whatever company will have them booked up.

I am also pricing a tour through GoBe and like that the tour is capped at 20. Looking at booking their Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour for the 2nd day in San Francisco of our Sept 15, 2017 Explorer cruise. Is a bit cheaper than Royal's tour and am ok that the tour length varies 1 hour (GoBe at 3.5 and Royal at 4.5).

I'm a little hesitant because 1) my TA advised me to use indy tour companies as long as they have good reviews. But I'm having trouble finding any reviews on GoBe yet (too new I assume) and 2) I need to research more about their policies. For example- I am following a live review on here for the ship we'll be on in Nov and they had to change the order of their port stops due to a mechanical issue. I've also read that there are times when ports are skipped due to weather or something. I'd need to be assured that GoBe would have some sort of policy in place to cover any changes like that. We're not sailing til Nov so I'm hoping some reviews will surface by then.

I'm a little hesitant because 1) my TA advised me to use indy tour companies as long as they have good reviews. But I'm having trouble finding any reviews on GoBe yet (too new I assume) and 2) I need to research more about their policies. For example- I am following a live review on here for the ship we'll be on in Nov and they had to change the order of their port stops due to a mechanical issue. I've also read that there are times when ports are skipped due to weather or something. I'd need to be assured that GoBe would have some sort of policy in place to cover any changes like that. We're not sailing til Nov so I'm hoping some reviews will surface by then.

I have talked to a GoBe team member and asked all these questions. You will be refunded if the ship makes an itinerary change and you can't get to port. Many big box tour companies use the smaller indy tour companies for their tours. I see Viator uses Extranomical Tours, one tour group I was checking to book with. It's getting harder to find that highly recommended indy tour guide. If anyone has some suggestions for San Francisco, please let me know.