Booking two cabins, sleeping in one?

WillowHaven

We stayed in a premium vista on Splendor.

My husband, myself and a toddler.

The balcony is amazing, however the room is shaped in such a way that there is NO extra space. Less space than a standard cabin it seemed. The cabin is shaped like a triangle. We had a hard time sleeping just the 3 of us, can't imagine trying to squish 2 older kids (or hammocks?) into the cabin.

I'd suggest you look up some videos of the exact cabin you are thinking of and see if your hammock will even fit.

I have been eyeing the premium vista balcony cabins on the Splendor. Since they only sleep 2-3 and there are 4 of us, we would need to book a second cabin.

It would be two adults and two kids- around 8 and 10. Would we be allowed to all sleep in the same cabin? And leave the second one empty at night? I don't think the kids will be interested in being in their own cabin without us yet. And I don't really want to have to split up me and my hubby.

What a waste of $$$.

Though that looks mighty inconvenient if that's what you have to do to sleep you do what you gotta do!

My hubby has had back issues so I know its no fun, but for people to say not to cruise etc that's crazy!

Enjoy life!

I have a family of 5, so I am very familiar with getting creative with room arrangements. The struggle is real. ;)

What you are planning is absolutely doable. Obviously, connecting cabins are preferable, but often not available (or in the budget) when you have your eye on a particular balcony or suite.

It probably goes without saying, but try to book the inside room as close to your Vista balcony as possible so that the extra bathroom is useful. If it is far enough away that it is serviced by a different room steward, don't forget to tip your Vista steward extra for the added person. We usually do this half-way through the cruise.

OH and the comment from Vipertrek about Cheers is spot on. It's definitely a perk of these sorts of scenarios. ;p

BTW, your kids are lucky to get the beds. Now that my youngest has outgrown the cribs Carnival has available, one or more of them will be in a sleeping bag on the floor. :cool:

My pleasure!

I know, we are a little crazy! After years of sleeping in recliners and couches due to back issues, I discovered hammocks. I actually get the best sleep I'm ever had in it. And it's much more portable than my recliner!

This is the one I have. It's heavenly.

https://www.amazon.com/Vivere-Double-Hammock-Space-Saving/dp/B00AXN35WY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490326163&sr=8-1&keywords=vivere

I own that same hammock! Never considered bringing it on a ship, though. Glad it works for you.

We bring our hammock when we have a balcony & string it up out there. It's great to take naps in. Worked great in the Caribbean & Alaska, as you can see.

[ATTACH]405489[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That looks really nice!! And yours doesn't seem to use any kind of stand for it so it would be lots easier to pack.

You could always book the balcony you want and then simply an inside close by. Then put one adult and one child in each, at least on paper. That would be a heck of alot cheaper than 2 balconies.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

This is exactly what we did on our last cruise.

There are 5 of us ( 2 adults and 3 little ones)

When I booked our cabins I did (room #1 with 2 kids and 1 adults and then Room#2 1adult / 1 kids

I made shore to choose the Balcony cabin with 2 pulldown beds so that we would all be able to just sleep in 1 room.

We basically used the other room almost for just storage LOL

The kids loved the beds that were "up in the air" as they called them and hubby and I had the King below.