Disembarking in Athens

AudacesJuvat

I will be on the Royal in August, finishing up in Athens. I have a flight already booked out of Athens at 12:45 that afternoon. The ship is scheduled to be in port at 4AM. I have only cruised once before, and I do not recall exactly how long the disembarkation process required. Have I allowed enough time? I know it's about a 90 minute drive to the airport, and I have a transfer arranged through a third-party.

If need be, can I make arrangements to simply leave the ship without waiting through the entire process?

Please advise, and thanks.

Should have no problem at all. Princess will begin debarking early and not all passengers will be doing that as many will still be continuing on with the cruise. Also do not know what day of the week, likely Sat, but I think you are overestimating time for the transfer. Even so if you are right, getting off by 8:00am would still get you to the airport by 9:30am and leave you 3+ hours. I know you have prearranged transfer but if a problem were to arise there were dozens of taxis lined up as we debarked in May last year.

Not sure where you got 90 min from Piraeus to the Airport, it shouldn't take no more than 1 hour tops. You'll be allow to start disembarking around 5am and not everyone will leave at the same time. If you choose to walk off with your own luggage that will save alot of time right there and you can stay on board even later. You will need to leave your cabin by 8am and personally I wouldn't leave any early than this. You don't want to get to the airport too early.