Doing Breakaway. Been 5 Years. QUESTIONS?. HELP

caddykid12

last NCL was the gem 5 years ago. I know things have changed. Done all research I can. But have a few things to have no answers to get.

Doing the BA. For 14 days out of N.Y..

Is there lobster in any MDR during any part of the trip? Or only upcharge at Specialty Dining?

What is the minimum Dress code to Manhattan/Taste/Savor? ... (No Elegant Night) correct. Just an option to dress up if u want? Polo and Dress pants ok? Not bringing tie if I don't need to

How well is the connection of the texting app aboard. Worth 12.99/per phone... I'm with a party of 9

Do they offer a ship behind the scene tour? Prices? 80$ I read?

Do mini suite sofas pull out to a bed or just remove the back to make a bed?

Have 3 grandparents going. Where are the free fill up drink stations locsted.. buffet & anywhere else? Pool side? Atrium?

When or how can u make a reservation to eat at a MDR at a specific time? Is that allowed or just first come first serve nightly?

Thanks for any and all answers. Hope it wasn't too long of a list

My answers in red below:

last NCL was the gem 5 years ago. I know things have changed. Done all research I can. But have a few things to have no answers to get.

Doing the BA. For 14 days out of N.Y..

Is there lobster in any MDR during any part of the trip? Or only upcharge at Specialty Dining?

Only via upcharge but I believe you can get it in the MDR and pay extra. There are some rumors that NCL is serving Rock Shrimp in place of lobster in some areas. But I have not personally seen this.

What is the minimum Dress code to Manhattan/Taste/Savor? ... (No Elegant Night) correct. Just an option to dress up if u want? Polo and Dress pants ok? Not bringing tie if I don't need to

Polo and Dress pants are all you need. The dressiest restaurants are Le Bistro and Cagney's and you don't need a tie or jacket for either but my husband wore a business shirt to those two restaurants.

How well is the connection of the texting app aboard. Worth 12.99/per phone... I'm with a party of 9

Our experience with the internet was that it was slow because there were so many onboard using it. We didn't bother with texting.

$55 per person and includes a bridge tour if not at sea and 2 hours long.

Remove the back of the sofa to make a bed and a pop down bed from the ceiling to make bunks. Photo here:

http://www.cuddlefairy.com/breakaway-mini-suite-review/

Have 3 grandparents going. Where are the free fill up drink stations locsted.. buffet & anywhere else? Pool side? Atrium?

In the buffet. Have not noticed any elsewhere. In the Atrium there is a coffee shop which sells coffee drinks and pastries.

When or how can u make a reservation to eat at a MDR at a specific time? Is that allowed or just first come first serve nightly?

If you go to the Manhattan room, you can make a reservation on the NCL website. Taste and Savor are FCFS.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

re: Behind the Scenes Tour. Husband and I did the tour during our Feb. 2017 sailing on the Breakaway. It was $79 pp and did not include the bridge. I don't think tours can go on the bridge anymore.

We had our photo taken in the galley kitchen and that was included in the cost. Really enjoyed it!

the BA. For 14 days out of N.Y..

We'll be on the BA in a few weeks going to Bermuda. It will be our 3rd cruise on the BA.

There is lobster in the MDR on selected days for a $25 upcharge. Lobster was removed from the Specialty Dining room menus in August 2016.

Gents must wear long pants and a collared shirt in Le Bistro and Ocean Blue. Shorts are allowed in all other MDRs and specialty restaurants. ALTHOUGH most people do dress up in their "going out to dinner" clothes in the evenings. More people dress up than in shorts.

Unless it it vital to communicate, I wouldn't pay for a large group to text.

Yes. Book it at shore excursions. Galley, freezer, environmental, laundry, theater and a short video on the history of the cruise line. Also they use to take a free photo of you in the Galley. Access to the bridge was removed after the Paris terrorist attacks.

Just remove the back for a single bed.

Not sure what grandparents have to do with drinks. You can get orange, apple, and cranberry juice in the morning. Ice Tea and flavored waters in the afternoon and evenings at the buffet.

If you have 3 grandparents, it would be better to make reservations. Reservations open 90 days prior to cruise (100 days if you are in the Havens). You should book exactly 90 days prior to cruise for the best selection. Also, book Burn the Floor, Rock of Ages, and Cirque (extra charge) at the 90 day mark. Eat at the Manhattan Room which will have live music and a couple of short Burn the Floor performances. Taste and Savor are slightly less "formal". The menus are the same.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you! I was also looking to see where or if there is a Flamingo Grill? Free eating area? Or is that where Jimmy Buffets is now?

The Flamingo Grill was only on the Getaway. Breakaway had the Uptown Grill. Both have been replaced with Margaritaville (which is a specialty restaurant charging a la carte)

O'Shehans is a great complimentary restaurant open 24 hours a day. Shanghai is a complimentary restaurant serving asian foods. Keep a lookout on your Freestyle Daily for the Moderno complimentary buffet lunches on sea days. They will serve themed lunches there as an alternative.

Thanks guys. More than what i thought.

For the drinks. Grandparents have to walk all the way to Buffet to fill up. Just was hoping there was other filling stations.

Doesn't everyone have a chance To the shows if they don't book tix? So they don't miss them. Or is that just first come first serve?

Surprised ncl took the bridge tour away just did it on carnival in December lol. Good for ncl. Say try first!

And yes dressing up. Polo and Dress pants. I'm not one to be all fancy but not one to look like I'm going to a gym for basketball in shorts either haha

Moderno is a upcharge restruant. Correct?.

Reservations for dining.... U make a time prior 90 days for set time nightly? And is there a penalty if u miss a night that u reserved? How long can lines be on the BA without a reservation

Thanks for all your help. U switch like for a few years and wow. U miss everything!!!