What would you do/ Nassau/HMC

bmetz34

We're taking a carnival cruise to Half Moon Cay and Nassau. I had originally planned to do an Atlantis walking tour and beach day, buuuut I got talked into booking a cabana on Half Moon Cay, so there goes the excursion money I had budgeted.

Would you try to walk around Atlantis on your own and go to Cabbage Beach? Or would you pay for a private beach? Or are there other free/super cheap options? We'd like to have some beach time and would love to see the aquarium at Atlantis and will have a 3yr old.

We're taking a carnival cruise to Half Moon Cay and Nassau. I had originally planned to do an Atlantis walking tour and beach day, buuuut I got talked into booking a cabana on Half Moon Cay, so there goes the excursion money I had budgeted.

Would you try to walk around Atlantis on your own and go to Cabbage Beach? Or would you pay for a private beach? Or are there other free/super cheap options? We'd like to have some beach time and would love to see the aquarium at Atlantis and will have a 3yr old.

You can't walk around Atlantis without a pass, you have to pay, same as the beach (and you will not see the pools and slides). Cabbage beach can be very rough, and the public beach has no facilities.

We rented a cabana on HMC last year. My husband wasn't pleased with the cost, but he ended up thanking me after. The cabana made the port so much more enjoyable than having to spend the whole day out in the sun. It was definitely worth every penny....and then some!

At Nassau we bought a day pass to the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. It was about a 10 minute walk from the port. I would desribe it as 'renting their property for the day' It was $60/person but $40 of it was given back to you in food. (expensive but good) We were allowed to use their private, but small beach, the pool, the bathrooms, basketball court, snorkle, kayaks, umbrellas, lounge chairs....etc. We absolutely loved it! There was hardly anyone else there so it was like having it all to ourselves. When the kids (20,19,17) got a little bored, they headed back toward the ship and stopped by the straw market and Senor Frogs. That kept them entertained for a while. That was my 4th trip back to Nassau. I really never enjoyed Nassau but this visit was fun! If we ever go back we will repeat this outing!