Millennium - Taste of Film questions

Can someone expand on what the 'Taste of Film and associated food' is all about on the Millenium?

Is this a specialty dining venue with a surcharge?

Is it the same film every night?

I've seen where it's a 7 course meal served during the film. What did you have?

Is it every night and the same every night?

What time does it start?

Was it crowded? Comfortable? (I don't sit on the ground easily).

Please let me know what you thought

On another Subject - where is the Thallosotherapy pool found? In the Spa area or the Solarium or ????

Melissa

It is an event held in the outdoor mover theater on the top deck; on sister ship Summit I believe it was only held once during a seven night cruise. The time and date(s) should be posted in the dailies; there is a charge and you sign up in advance to reserve a spot. Seating is limited, so it may sell out, but the seating is comfortable (padded lounge chair type seating). The name of the movie when I went a few months ago was Chef; not sure if this is what Millennium is currently showing, but it was an excellent film. The food however but mostly pretty bad. They essentially attempt to serve items reminiscent of what food appearing in the movie. There were numerous small courses, mostly savory (one dessert course at the end) that added up to a fairly substantial quantity of food. Timing however was often off; often by the time a course was delivered the corresponding scene in the movie had passed. Additionally, as there is no galley near the theater, the food was often not the right temperature. Also the food was rather poor quality (it seemed like the leftover scraps of meat) and often grossly overcooked (and therefore quite tough). I would go again for tor the ambiance; really cool experience watching a movie under the stars - provided it was a movie I wanted to see, but would set my expectations low for the food quality.

As for the pool, that is located inside the solarium.

I guess everyone's different, but my 11 year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed Taste of Film when I was on the Summit last August. The film shown was "The 100 Foot Journey". We really liked the food. Portions are small, but it does add up to enough. There was both French style food and Indian style food, since that's what's in the movie. It wasn't necessarily the exact thing that they were serving in the film, but it was definitely food inspired by the film. The servers were great and it was a really nice evening out. It was only done once during the 7 night cruise, so if they offer it on your cruise, make reservations early-there is an extra charge. Comfy chairs and since you have to make reservations anyway, there's plenty of room for everyone that's there.