Quick review of Eurodam western Caribbean cruise

vicd1969

I tjust finished a 7-day cruise on the Eurodam with a family group - we had 5 cabins with a total of 14 people (10 first-time HAL cruisers) ranging from ages 3 - 70+.

Cabin - Was in a CQ forward ocean view cabin on deck 10. Love the room ! Felt like the captain sailing the ship, basically a private Crow's nest with the space about double a normal cabin.

Food - The kids can't stop talking about the Dive-in burgers. Food in MDR was excellent most nights, though service wasn't as efficient as in the past. Breakfast was also very filling and good. The mariner brunch Barramundi was nicely cooked but having it at 11 am after a late at-sea breakfast may not have been the best for my waistline.

Service - the usual high level of cabin service from our attendants. The crew were very fond of the little girls in our group. CD HamIsh Davis was enjoyable. Special mention to Captain Werner Timmers for sitting down with one of us during a breakfast and then staying after his talk in the mainstage to answer further questions and take photos with our group. We told our first- time cruisers that not every passenger gets such VIP treatment!

Activities/entertainment - not a big fan of broadway- style shows but fortunately only 2 nights with them. Kids loved the ventriloquist /comedian Kieran Powell who appeared on two nights. Shipboard activities during day were a bit limited so they swam mostly. I enjoyed the Frozen Planet live event but it may be too sedate for some cruisers.

Ports - Nothing really special here - they are the usual western Caribbean suspects. Majority of the group enjoyed Half Moon Cay the most.

Overall - the newbies enjoyed it enough to put down a future cruise deposit for 8! I give it a thumbs up but would look to do other itineraries different from the typical east/west Caribbean ones.

Thanks for your review! I sail on the Eurodam next week! Do you happen to remember what movies were playing in the screening room theatre?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For my cruise March 4 I can remember

La La Land, Florence, Mr. Church, I cannot recal the others. They (and bunches more) are also on the large screen TV in your room.

La La Land, Florence, Mr. Church, I cannot recal the others. They (and bunches more) are also on the large screen TV in your room.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the same movies were On Demand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, there are like a hundred movies available on demand now. The movie theater showed Sully, Patriot Day, Jackie, Florence Foster Jenkins, Mr Church, Jack Reacher, and Finding Altamira.