Suggestions for day excursion from St T to St Johns (in port 8am-6pm NCL)

LSKC

We've done St. Thomas and Coki Beach before and I'd really like to see St. Johns. Is it feasible to do some kind of boat/snorkel excursion in the time we are at port *8am to 6pm* with 2 adults, 2 teens and 1 nine-year-old? Looking for suggestions.

Mostly when we get off the cruise ship we like beach and water experiences... my 9year old has never snorkelled but will start practicing in our pool this summer.

There should be an excursion offered on your ship. You can also go to St John on your own, but there isn't an excursion offered at the dock.

Many threads on cruisecritic about getting to St John.

The beaches in St. John's are stunning! We've done Cinnamon Bay and Trunk Bay and both have reefs right off the shore (Cinnamon Bay has them in waist-deep water) so no excursion necessary, just a short taxi ride to the beach . We've seen sea turtles, stingrays, lots of coral too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

How did you get from port in St. Thomas over to St. John? By ferry or private boat service? Do you know costs involved... i.e.: do we have to take a taxi to the ferry (cost - we are family of 5) and then i'm assuming a taxi from st. john ferry drop off to Cinnamon bay? Sounds intriguing. We are in port for 10 hours.

The beaches in St. John's are stunning! We've done Cinnamon Bay and Trunk Bay and both have reefs right off the shore (Cinnamon Bay has them in waist-deep water) so no excursion necessary, just a short taxi ride to the beach . We've seen sea turtles, stingrays, lots of coral too.

Sorry, my girlfriend has corrected me that we *did* book an excursion, the St John's On Your Own one. It is essentially just a ferry over to St. John's but it picks you up right at the boat, where the regular ferry is quite a ways away. Anyway, once you're on St. John's you're free to do whatever you want, and we just took the taxi to the beaches.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, my girlfriend has corrected me that we *did* book an excursion, the St John's On Your Own one. It is essentially just a ferry over to St. John's but it picks you up right at the boat, where the regular ferry is quite a ways away. Anyway, once you're on St. John's you're free to do whatever you want, and we just took the taxi to the beaches.

Hope this helps!

Heard that ferry gets real rocky and people have gotten seasick, is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Heard that ferry gets real rocky and people have gotten seasick, is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup lol. I was fine but a couple others were touch and go. Less rocky coming back and the complimentary rum punch helped[emoji4]

The explore St John's on your own ferry ride is easy. Drops you off at the dock and picks you up at a set time. There will be open air shuttles to take you to the beaches. When you leave there will be cabs waiting to take you back to the dock. Give yourself some extra time because the cabs leave when full.

Sent from my iPad using Forums