Freedom of the Seas - Food Pictures from Feb 2017

For appetizers we shared the chicken jalapeno lollipops (well, my dad had 1, took out the jalapeno and still thought it was too spicy and I ate the rest). These were fantastic.

33661174585_87cc098b92_c.jpg[/url]

We also had the Queso dip which was good

33661173445_2f849fff6d_c.jpg

and the my dad and I had calamari (my mom is allergic) this was fantastic

33661172115_e0a8d2a248_c.jpg

And my parents split a tortilla soup which was again, really good

33620190946_eeb6b8eb31_c.jpg

For entrees I ordered 3 things that I thought we could all share (nothing spicy).

We had the beef short rib with mole sauce (very good)

33661169745_ba9782126f_c.jpg[/url]

pork tacos (which were okay - bland for my taste but nothing wrong with them)

33620187956_256c853def_c.jpg

and chicken quesadilla which was very good.

33661167155_6dce734747_c.jpg

And the variety of side dishes - beans, rice, veggies, yucaten fries

33620185106_f1d26644a7_c.jpg

Dessert was the shared dessert tray. I liked most of it, my mom liked the custard based stuff but my dad never really found anything he was thrilled by.

33661164665_e351d5db93_c.jpg

and that's it for our dining adventures. We did 9 nights on the Celebrity Summit after that so I will be posting those pictures over on the Celebrity board.

Thanks for taking the time to share all the photos and comments about your cruise.

My wife and I and another couple were on the same cruise, and have almost completely different takes on the same cruise!

We thought the activities were good, the evening trivias and things (don't remember the exact names) were mostly very good, NEVER crowded.

The solarium pool area was nice, but always filled with people or their towels left to hold the chair, and the hot tubs generally were fairly well packed.

We thought the food in the Windjammer was excellent, as well as the daily selection! The main dining room food for breakfast lunch and dinner were AWESOME. Service for breakfast was slow a few times, mainly due to the fact half the people were eating from the buffet set up, others from the menu, which seemed to slow things down. Our food was always hot when served.

But everyone has an opinion, none are right or wrong just their opinion. But I certainly would not only do specialty dining, or skip the windjammer based on what I or anyone else says, give it a shot!

Worst part of the cruise for us was the hard sell from staff for specialty dining and wine tastings, some meals we had 3 different people come try to sell us the same thing. NO FREAKING Thank you! I know where to go if I want to book it!

Looking forward to going on RC again next year!

Thanks for taking the time to share all the photos and comments about your cruise.

My wife and I and another couple were on the same cruise, and have almost completely different takes on the same cruise!

We thought the activities were good, the evening trivias and things (don't remember the exact names) were mostly very good, NEVER crowded.

The solarium pool area was nice, but always filled with people or their towels left to hold the chair, and the hot tubs generally were fairly well packed.

We thought the food in the Windjammer was excellent, as well as the daily selection! The main dining room food for breakfast lunch and dinner were AWESOME. Service for breakfast was slow a few times, mainly due to the fact half the people were eating from the buffet set up, others from the menu, which seemed to slow things down. Our food was always hot when served.

But everyone has an opinion, none are right or wrong just their opinion. But I certainly would not only do specialty dining, or skip the windjammer based on what I or anyone else says, give it a shot!

Worst part of the cruise for us was the hard sell from staff for specialty dining and wine tastings, some meals we had 3 different people come try to sell us the same thing. NO FREAKING Thank you! I know where to go if I want to book it!

Looking forward to going on RC again next year!

I agree that breakfast in the MDR was very good.

Its funny about the trivia though - for us, the seating was limited and it was crowded. I found more people taking seats around the outside (against the Sabor wall). My mother is in a wheelchair full time and so we can't sit in the middle round section. Once the wall seating is taken, it's too bad so sad for us.

The selling was out of hand and one of the biggest turn offs for us (along with the bed situation).

I agree - just because Royal isn't for us, doesn't mean that others won't enjoy Royal.

We've also been very blessed to sail the Carnival Pride on some great itineraries out of Baltimore with numerous sea days literally jam packed with activities that suit our taste and time.