Upgrading Cabin...help!

GPCOUPLE

My husband and I are booked on the Splendor on Dec. 1st. We have an inside cabin booked...looks like right next to the public restrooms. I hear we can upgrade our room, but want to wait until the best time to do this. WHEN do I check on this, and WHO do I ask? We went through Walmart vacations to buy this trip....but I'd like to deal with RCI directly if possible.

Is being right by the public restrooms bad on Splendor? Please let me know if anyone has experience with this...I'm a bit concerned about the noise.

You have to go through Walmart vacations prior to the cruise. If you just want to change your cabin to another location but still the same class, (inside) look for what other inside cabins show still available (look on RCCL website) and then call Walmart and request a cabin change. There is no cost if you stay within the same level. If you want to bump up to a higher level cabin, your choice prior to cruising is to call Walmart and upgrade at an additional cost. The other other choice is to wait until the cruise and get to the port early and check in to the assigned room and then go talk to the Pier Coordinator to see what is available for you to change to. The cost to upgrade is cheaper the day of sailing but this only works if there is a cabin available. Hope this helps!

cruznsugs experience is really quite unusual. RCI usually doesn't do this, especially because if they did there would be a huge line of pax insisting that THEY should get a free upgrade. It's likely that the particular cruise was undersold (very likely if it was right before, during, or after the string of hurricanes). In that case, they might likely make an exception to the usual policy. Of course, it doesn't hurt to ask, but the answer is almost always no for a free upgrade, whether at the pier or after the ship leaves port. (But good for cruznsugs for leaping on the opportunity.)

beachchick

I've been on only two cruises and did it on both...So i'm two for two . For me I pick the cabin that I really want and then if I get lucky for free then great if I don't no big deal. I think beachchick is correct it really depends if your ship is full and what time of year. We happen to go during hurricane season. Actually for my next cruise I'm not going to look for an upgrade since I have a corner AFt cabin on the 9th floor .

Archived