Info for Royal Passengers Dropping Hire Cars Off

kevinyork

I did a post at the weekend on a thread on Royals forum about car hire company drop offs that are walkable to the Royal terminal. I thought I would post it on this forum where it is more likely to be of assistance for those looking for the info. So here is the info:

Alamo, National and Enterprise share the same car rental location on Mullet Road and this is the nearest to the Royal Caribbean Terminal. Wether it is walkable is subjective however we did it last month. We used Alamo for the one way rental from Orlando to our overnight hotel in PC and then the very short drive to the car drop off. We were going to drop the luggage off at the terminal first but on seeing how close the ship was, and given the luggage has wheels, we went straight to the drop off and walked. I would say it took us 10 mins on a quiet flat road.

The rental building looks like this and you just drive in on the left of the building for the car to be checked and they show you where to leave it:

834429a88e70210f55c10f323139eb36.jpg

This map shows the car rental on the left and the Royal Caribbean terminal on the right:

1138f7838797994c17e909d15d49b7e2.jpg

This is a photo I took from the aft top deck of Oasis. The arrow in the middle is pointing to the car drop off and the arrow bottom left is the walkway into the terminal.

6dd7f0db1afe75afcb7627f004bd293f.jpg

It was actually a pleasant walk along Mullet Road which you can see in the photo curving around the front of the exploration tower (the sail shaped building) and removed the need to wait for the shuttle which hadn't started at the time we got there (10.15). A guy actually stopped and asked if we wanted a lift when we had started to walk but it would have taken longer to load and unload our bags than just carry on walking. Walking towards the towering Oasis just raised our excitement levels. When you get to the end of Mullet Road that's the start of the pathway into the terminal building.

So if you are able bodied and can walk 10-15 mins on the flat then it's walkable. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk