difference between normal and suite menu's

poona1

If you're referring to the room service menus...

Suites can order room service from any menu from and venue on the ship. Breakfast can order from the MDR or Cagney's/Moderno, lunch and dinner the full MDR menu is available to order, and for dinner, all of the specialty menus are available (the cover charge applies to these, though).

Thanks so much triptolemus...a couple of questions..

at dinner time, where do the suite guests eat? can they order from any specialty menu?

Does this mean I don't have to book the sdp anymore?

Should i just book the no extra discount price for suites and save more money? or should i just get all of the free at sea promotions?

thanks

The Gem does not have a dedicated venue for suite guests dinner. You will eat at the MDR or at one of the specialty restaurants, or in your stateroom if you choose. You can't really order different menus when in different venues. But you can order from any menu in your suite.

If you choose to dine in the specialty restaurants for dinner or order the specialty restaurant's food to your room, the cover charge still applies to suite guests. So if the SDP makes sense, you should still purchase it.

In terms of taking the promotions or not, you simply have to do the math. Compare the money saved to what you anticipate your onboard costs to be. Will you purchase the SDP? What about drinks? Remember suite bookings do not pay the 18% NCL tax/fee on the promotions, so it usually make sense to take the promotions in most cases.

You have the option of eating breakfast and lunch in the Suites dining room which is probably Cagneys or Moderno. The menu items stay the same. You can order meals from any restaurant on the ship and your butler will bring it to your cabin.

You have the option of eating at any of the restaurants besides these special options. I agree that having the SDP was very nice and we also had two extra dinners because we are Platinum Latitudes.

Please remember that your butler expects a tip at the end of the cruise. I can see why all the crew hopes to someday become a butler. They service quite a few cabins and can make $10 a day PP.