Show time?

jabrown40

We're doing the 7 night Sun to Cuba in the fall.

Considering we have given you two different answers, I am going to revise my answer and say that you aren't going to know about the 6:30 shows until you get on board. While the 9pm show seems a fixture, they do add additional performances and that part is unpredictable, especially this far in advance.

Why does the evening show commence so early at 9pm?

It forces one to either eat dinner early, rush dinner, or forego being on time for the commencement of the show.

Incidentally, how easy is it to get a seat in the theatre if one is on time for the show?

9pm isn't that early. Most places that I go to have the preliminary show at 8:30 and the main show at 9

Why does the evening show commence so early at 9pm?

It forces one to either eat dinner early, rush dinner, or forego being on time for the commencement of the show.

Incidentally, how easy is it to get a seat in the theatre if one is on time for the show?

The show times (and dinner times) seem to be geared toward geriatric Americans (of which I am one). I presume the "evening shows" referred to are those in the Theater. On our Viking Sea cruise there were presentations, later, in Torshavn.

And we never had a problem finding seats for a show in the theatre, but a couple times it took a bit of searching to find 2 together.

My comment was in the context of cruise ship theatres.

On my recent cruises the evening show commenced at 10pm.

Couldn't agree more. We found the timing of the shows too early bearing in mind we like to have dinner at about 8pm.

Having said that,the majority of passengers on our cruise seemed to go to bed quite early so I guess we weren't the norm