Eastern or Western Caribbean

Shayhooper

Help! If you were a solo who loves easy quiet beach time with plenty of sun and shade along with good snorkeling, which itinerary would you chose?

I'm already booked in a Studio for the 2nd week of Jan on Epic for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Tortola, St Thomas, and GSC. I've never been to any of these ports which is primarily why I chose it. Now that I am researching I'm find the ports a bit lack luster. Perhaps I am not seeing the right things.

I've sailed the Western route of Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel a few times already. The ports are know to me and I am confident that I can find things to do that will my snorkeling and beach requirements.

A sleeper choice would be the slightly more expensive Getaway Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya and Cozumel itinerary. I just did this with my family in Feb and LOVED it but that trip was more focused on my family. Doing it solo would be fun but I just did it.

What would you do? Please share your thoughts.

Tortola has the Baths, which while we didn't do when we were in port 2 years ago, is a highlight of BVI. St. Thomas, too, has great snorkeling, and has beautiful beaches.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Help! If you were a solo who loves easy quiet beach time with plenty of sun and shade along with good snorkeling, which itinerary would you chose?

I'm already booked in a Studio for the 2nd week of Jan on Epic for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Tortola, St Thomas, and GSC. I've never been to any of these ports which is primarily why I chose it. Now that I am researching I'm find the ports a bit lack luster. Perhaps I am not seeing the right things.

I've sailed the Western route of Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel a few times already. The ports are know to me and I am confident that I can find things to do that will my snorkeling and beach requirements.

A sleeper choice would be the slightly more expensive Getaway Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya and Cozumel itinerary. I just did this with my family in Feb and LOVED it but that trip was more focused on my family. Doing it solo would be fun but I just did it.

What would you do? Please share your thoughts.

Sapphire beach in St. Thomas has great snorkeling from the beach.

Watch for turtles to the right end.:D

Just did Epic route you mentioned. We did Aristocats caramaran in Tortola. Great day with lunch and snorkling. Highly recommend.

Downside is we only got 1 hr on GSC. This basically meant 2 ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums