Seaplane or helicopter to...

newyorker123

Hi. We are going to Alaska in July, my husband and I. I want to do either a helicopter excursion or seaplane excursion but I'm not sure what city we should do it or which excursion. We are going to Sitka, Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway. Any advice is appreciated.

Flightseeing over the Misty Fjords in Ketchikan is very popular. If you want to take a helicopter to a glacier, that is very popular in Juneau.

We are actually doing flightseeing to Taku Lodge in Juneau. Hopefully someone who knows a lot more than me will chime in. :)

I have been on the float plane excursion to Taku Lodge as well as the Mendenhall Glacier walk via helicopter in Juneau. In Ketchikan, I have enjoyed the float plane sightseeing with crab feast. The dog sledding snow excursion into the mountains around Skagway via helicopter has to be my all-time favorite cruise excursion.

Taking photos in aircraft poses a real glare issue so make sure you use a polarizing filter on your camera. The filter also works well in the bright snow.

I have been on the float plane excursion to Taku Lodge as well as the Mendenhall Glacier walk via helicopter in Juneau. In Ketchikan, I have enjoyed the float plane sightseeing with crab feast. The dog sledding snow excursion into the mountains around Skagway via helicopter has to be my all-time favorite cruise excursion.

Taking photos in aircraft poses a real glare issue so make sure you use a polarizing filter on your camera. The filter also works well in the bright snow.

Wow! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. We are going to Alaska in July, my husband and I. I want to do either a helicopter excursion or seaplane excursion but I'm not sure what city we should do it or which excursion. We are going to Sitka, Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway. Any advice is appreciated.

I too will be in Alaska in July & I chose seaplane in Ketchikan - we want to see bears so we are flying to Anan Creek.

In Ketchikan, we did a floatplane with Island Wings. It was the highlight of our trip. Very scenic, they landed us in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a small lake. We exited onto a small island to stretch our legs and take pics. The silence was amazing. We would do it again in a heartbeat.