Our Upcoming NOTS Cruise

TC1957

Time is getting short. Two weeks from today we will be in Miami and will sail on Good Friday. I have managed to get myself to the point that I am looking forward to the cruise. Our last cruise was also on Navigator and we left the ship...well, less than impressed. However, we...ok, I...have been able to convince myself to go into this cruise expecting the best, in some cases in spite of some of the reviews. Maybe the MDR staff was just having an off week...not all steward can be fantastic...things like that. This will be our longest cruise, 9 days. I know that is not long on a ship for many here but me getting away for more than a week is difficult.

Despite the recent number of reviews, is there information I can gather that would help someone with an upcoming trip on this ship? It is always easier to know in advance if someone wants something. Not saying I will go out of my way to get the information, but (for example) if we get a drink at Boleros and someone wants a drink menu...no problem. Might not be the best example but you get the idea.

I have also decided to take pictures and try to post them as part of a review...will have to research how to do that first.

I intend to make note of the following based on "disputes" and comments in reviews.

1) To the extent I remember to observe and note...how are people dressed in the MDR and specialty dining (we plan to try a couple).

2) How does the food quality and service in the specialty restaurants (currently planning on Chops and Izumi) compare to the MDR and are they worth the additional cost?

3) What is the general attitude/mood of the crew? I have read where some got the impression they were indifferent at times.

4) How does the food quality and service in the MDR compare with the last trip on Navigator and with the chains/places we usually frequent at home.

5) What is the general condition of the various areas of the ship? I have seen some reports that she "looks tired"...whatever that means.

We will be spending less time in the cabin this trip...at least that is the plan. We just booked an inside cabin this time so we could justify the added expense (more time than money) of a longer cruise.

Anyway...thought I would ask.

I feel like lots of the poor reviews of Navigator's appearance is because it's not sparking new like Harmony or Anthem. The ship was always clean (at least in our hallway; the starboard side hallway always had dirty room service dishes in it), and pretty well kept up. Sure, there were some signs of age like small spots of peeling paint or some rust but if that's enough to ruin your vacation you might as well not take vacations in the first place.

And personally, I found the crew to be extremely friendly, always greeting you in the hallways. And our MDR staff was great!

Sent from Tapatalk

Thank you for your willingness to answer the questions listed in your post. Many of us have been wanting to know answers to those questions as well. I was looking at one of the longer Navigator cruises as well and ended up not booking that ship because I was afraid after all the negative posts that I would be disappointed. Because you are already aware of what some previous cruisers consider negatives, it will be nice to hear from you when you return as to your perspective. Looking forward to your post upon return.

Time is getting short. Two weeks from today we will be in Miami and will sail on Good Friday. I have managed to get myself to the point that I am looking forward to the cruise. Our last cruise was also on Navigator and we left the ship...well, less than impressed. However, we...ok, I...have been able to convince myself to go into this cruise expecting the best, in some cases in spite of some of the reviews. Maybe the MDR staff was just having an off week...not all steward can be fantastic...things like that. This will be our longest cruise, 9 days. I know that is not long on a ship for many here but me getting away for more than a week is difficult.

Despite the recent number of reviews, is there information I can gather that would help someone with an upcoming trip on this ship? It is always easier to know in advance if someone wants something. Not saying I will go out of my way to get the information, but (for example) if we get a drink at Boleros and someone wants a drink menu...no problem. Might not be the best example but you get the idea.

I have also decided to take pictures and try to post them as part of a review...will have to research how to do that first.

I intend to make note of the following based on "disputes" and comments in reviews.

1) To the extent I remember to observe and note...how are people dressed in the MDR and specialty dining (we plan to try a couple).

2) How does the food quality and service in the specialty restaurants (currently planning on Chops and Izumi) compare to the MDR and are they worth the additional cost?

3) What is the general attitude/mood of the crew? I have read where some got the impression they were indifferent at times.

4) How does the food quality and service in the MDR compare with the last trip on Navigator and with the chains/places we usually frequent at home.

5) What is the general condition of the various areas of the ship? I have seen some reports that she "looks tired"...whatever that means.

We will be spending less time in the cabin this trip...at least that is the plan. We just booked an inside cabin this time so we could justify the added expense (more time than money) of a longer cruise.

Anyway...thought I would ask.

Since I'm on your cruise you will find us dressed for dinner in the MDR [emoji2]

I personally found the specialty restaurants on Freedom last year to be no better than the MDR so we won't be wasting our money on them this cruise...although I might try Izumi since it wasn't on Freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would love to see main dining room menus if they have changed. We are on a Baltic cruise in June and when I inquired with the concierge about menu rotation on our 12 night cruise, they hinted that the menus were to get an update in April. Now I couldn't get confirmation on what exactly would be updated and am curious since you are traveling after April 1st.

Thank you for the offer

We were on her last month. I had a great time. I do feel like the food quality might have gone down a little, but, I still think overall the food is great. The crew and the ship are both fine. I think it's easy to ding the older ships, and I'm not so sure it's fair to do so. After all, as far as I can tell, there's nothing stopping people from going on the newer ships...other than the extra money.

We just got off the 9 night on Sunday. The food was fine. A few things were great, some were average, but we never walked away hungry. People were dressed nicely for dinner in the MDR as well as the specialty restaurants.

I honestly don't look closely enough to see if a ship is 'tired' because I really don't care as long as it's clean, and Navigator was always clean and being cleaned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Would love to see main dining room menus if they have changed. We are on a Baltic cruise in June and when I inquired with the concierge about menu rotation on our 12 night cruise, they hinted that the menus were to get an update in April. Now I couldn't get confirmation on what exactly would be updated and am curious since you are traveling after April 1st.

Thank you for the offer

I've made a note...so there is hope at least that I won't forget. :)

kknorr...I also take the approach that if it's clean that is the most important. However it isn't difficult to simply make note of things as you move around the ship.

I expect the food to be what it typically is...somewhat decent with an occasional really good item and an occasional option that taste like it was cooked by a 3 year old. Because food is so objective I try to present my opinion as it equates to a chain. You know, like "the scrambled eggs looked like they have been sitting in a pan on the Golden Corral line for an hour" or "the steak would make you throw one from Ruth's Chris to the dog".

We will be on NOS for the Transatlantic end of April. Is there any way you could ask in the dining room (or from the chef) if they have the menus for this 14 day cruise? We are trying to pre-book specialty restaurants.

THANKS

We will be on NOS for the Transatlantic end of April. Is there any way you could ask in the dining room (or from the chef) if they have the menus for this 14 day cruise? We are trying to pre-book specialty restaurants.

THANKS

Sure...the worse that can happen is the say no.

Just came off the Navigator 3/17 sailing.

Didn't think the ship looked bad. Obviously not brand new, but very clean and well maintained.

Crew was friendly and helpful.

Ate primarily in the MDR. Food was fine - at dinner had a couple of times when entree was not that hot, but it was cheerfully replaced with an apology.

Found breakfast in MDR to be on the slow side for service, but they were very busy.

Solarium pool well used, but never had a problem finding a chair.

Used the diamond lounge frequently and had no problems with coffee machine, food or service.

"Time is getting short. Two weeks from today we will be in Miami and will sail on Good Friday. I have managed to get myself to the point that I am looking forward to the cruise. Our last cruise was also on Navigator and we left the ship...well, less than impressed. However, we...ok, I...have been able to convince myself to go into this cruise expecting the best, in some cases in spite of some of the reviews. Maybe the MDR staff was just having an off week...not all steward can be fantastic...things like that. This will be our longest cruise, 9 days. I know that is not long on a ship for many here but me getting away for more than a week is difficult."

This is sad, I too am on this same cruise and hope the day never comes that I have to "get myself to a point that I am looking forward to a cruise". The ship may be tired, but if it is clean. I may not like everything I am served but I know I will never go hungry. I am not diamond or diamond + but I have always had wonderful service, but then again I do not expect to be waited on. I do not need a fantastic steward as long as he keeps the room cleaned up. I am going to be with my wonderful family and sharing wonderful moments with my grandkids. That is what is going to make the cruise the best so I can expect that it is going to be the best.