Guaranteed Balcony Room

mbenz106

Hi all!

DH and I are planning on booking our cruise on Carnival Pride for June 4th. We are Royal Caribbean cruisers but the Pride itinerary fit our schedule. This will be our first time with Carnival and we are celebrating our first year wedding anniversary (we also were married on Royal Caribbean). We don't want to spend our normal price range and want to book a guaranteed balcony. We know that will be the minimum category room we will get. However, I am a little apprehensive about this because of the obstructed view balconies. For those of you who have booked a BL room, have you ever been place in an obstructed view room? We don't care if we are aft, bow, port or stern and even what deck. We just want a balcony with a view that's out and down :). Thank you!!

I have been in an obstructed twice, once booked directly and once from a GTY. I had no problem with either, it is a little different but it is still a balcony with all the relaxing qualities.

We know that will be the minimum category room we will get.

You won't necessarily get the minimum category. That is the worst case scenario and it is possible to will get a much better cabin. Last time I booked a GTY balcony (on NCL) it ended up being on a deck above the lifeboats. If the sales are slow they will start allocating better cabins to GTY. Have heard stories of GTY cabins ending up an entire class better - e.g. booked GTY OceanView allocated Balcony etc.