Power Snorkel adventure in Amber Cove

awtorrey

Hi

We are cruising on Carnival in June and will be in AmberCove. Since I'd like to see at least a little bit of the island and I love to snorkel I booked Carnival's shore excursion Power Snorkeling. Has anyone taken the excursion? Was it fun? Is it worth the money? Was there a lot of traffic? How was Sousa Beach? We are doing the morning tour so I'm thinking the beach and the traffic should be quiet/light. If you wouldn't do this excursion again, what would you do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anne

• 8 months later...

Hi, I just came back to say that my husband and I DID do this. It was great fun! The things I didn't like about it are: 1) there weren't enough signed up for the early excursion so they lumped us all into the later one, which meant hanging around the port for a while, which was ok, gave us time to see the port and and look around, but... 2) It's a LONG ride to Sousua Beach. It took about 45 minutes and traffic was kind of heavy and you go through a lot of construction. 3) I would have liked to have some time after the snorkeling to visit some of the vendors/shops on the beach there.

What I did like are: 1) the power snorkel machines were AWESOME!!! SO much fun and easier to use that I had expected. 2) the guys who ran this excursion were very nice, knowledgeable, friendly and funny. 3) we visited a couple of really cool snorkel sites. 4) the gave us the sweetest pineapple I've ever had and soda or water in between the snorkel stops.

One other comment... it was a good thing this was a Carnival excursion because we were late getting back to port and they were looking for us. If you love to snorkel and want to try something different/fun, this is the ticket. I would do it again if the ride to the actual excursion wasn't so long. But then, I did say that I wanted to see some of the island, right? You just don't see much in the bus.