Carnival Stockholders shipboard credit???

jhbkcb

I have a question about Carnvial stockholders getting a shipboard credit. Does anyone know if that's true? If it is true, is there a minimum amount of stock? Thanks for your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Carnvial stockholders getting a shipboard credit. Does anyone know if that's true? If it is true, is there a minimum amount of stock? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes it is true and 100 shares are required.

Future cruises:

9/04 Star Princess-Med.x2 Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome

11/04 Dawn Princess-Southern Caribbean

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess-Mexican Riviera

July 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Aug. 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

04 Dawn Princess- Southern Caribbean x2

03 Grand Princess-W.Caribbean

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

03-Tahitian Princess-Tahiti/ Cook Islands

03 Royal Princess-x2 British Isles & Norwegian Fjords/ Iceland

03 Island Princess-Panama Canal

01 HAL Ryndam x 2-S. America San Diego to Valpariso/ & around Cape Horn to Rio

00 Sky Princess-China/Orient

79 Sitmar's Fairwind- Caribbean/Panama Canal

Guest Anorak33

Yes I have 100 shares and receive $100 per cabin for 7 day and $250 per cabin for 14 day cruise - as onboard credit which you can spend on anything even auto tipping.

And Carnival shares are a little down this week (maybe becasue of oil price??? )so its maybe a good time to buy.

No limit to how many times a year you get the $$$ either.

You cannot combine this credit with travel agents credit, but you can combine with future booking credit.

Oh look at my list of ships - almost all Carnival owned and so far I got $1100 (taxfree) in 2 years.Not bad on $4000 of stock! Plus a tiny dividend and some appreciation of the price.

Statendam

QE2 (x2)

Regal Princess

Golden Princess

Royal Princess

Big Red Boat

When did that change? We tried last July on a Princess sailing and were told "no." icon_eek.gif

Ship_at_island.gif

Radiance Hawaii Roll Call 10/6/04 click here

Till we sail on the Radiance to Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;10;6;20;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ecstasy 8/99

Triumph 4/00

Norway 1/01

Norway 7/01

Victory 10/01

Triumph 5/02

Sensation 8/02

Legend 2/14/03 w/Kirbi & The Cruisers

Grand Princess 7/27/03

Brilliance of the Seas 11/14/03

Legend 12/31/03 (surprise Christmas present for DH)

Glory 3/6/04 Kirbi Cruisers

Radiance around Hawaii 10/6/04

Star Princess 2/20/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When did that change? We tried last July on a Princess sailing and were told "no."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It has not changed. We have received the credit on all Princess cruises since August 2003.

Do not know your circumstances so can't say why they told you no.

As Anorak33 said it can not be combined with certain TA credits - we were told the ones they give clients that Princess gives them because of "high volume" sales.

Future cruises:

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BJS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When did that change? We tried last July on a Princess sailing and were told "no."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>To my knowledge it has not changed since they first started giving the credits after CCL took over. We have received the credit on all Princess cruises since August 2003.

Do not know your circumstances so can't say why they told you no.

As Anorak33 said it can not be combined with certain TA credits - we were told the ones they give clients that Princess gives them because of "high volume" sales.

Future cruises:

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

79 Sitmar's Fairwind- Caribbean/Panama Canal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Future cruises:

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

For our July 27, 2003 cruise, Princess declined to honor the shipboard credit for our CCL stock......CCL honors it everytime, but we were told that it didn't crosswalk to Princess icon_frown.gif

Ship_at_island.gif

Radiance Hawaii Roll Call 10/6/04 click here

Till we sail on the Radiance to Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;10;6;20;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ecstasy 8/99

Triumph 4/00

Norway 1/01

Norway 7/01

Victory 10/01

Triumph 5/02

Sensation 8/02

Legend 2/14/03 w/Kirbi & The Cruisers

Grand Princess 7/27/03

Brilliance of the Seas 11/14/03

Legend 12/31/03 (surprise Christmas present for DH)

Glory 3/6/04 Kirbi Cruisers

Radiance around Hawaii 10/6/04

Star Princess 2/20/05

The official takeover was April 22, 2003, but the Carnival stockholders didn't start receiving shipboard credit until approx. August 1st. It took them approx. 90+ days to put everything in place. That's probably the reason those in July didn't get credit and August did.

I have owned Carnival stock since it was $18/share. Not only am I making $$$, but I've accumulated almost $1,000 in shipboard credit. More is coming in August/Sept.

Arlene

Guest Anorak33

Jane110 - yes - all Carnival owned lines - Princess, HAL, Cunard, Carnival, P and O, etc etc. Thats 65% of the cruise ships in the world I believe, or something like that anyway.

Statendam

QE2 (x2)

Regal Princess

Golden Princess

Royal Princess

Big Red Boat

Guest Anorak33

Chamima - Ibelieve the Rules say you have to tell them when you book that you are a stockholder so it might be a little late for your 3 alread-booked cruises,

there is always the future.

It isn't a lot of credit but it helps, specially good for the 14 days, $250.Thats the max.

Statendam

QE2 (x2)

Regal Princess

Golden Princess

Royal Princess

Big Red Boat

I plan on buying CCL stock with the $6000 I can contribute to my SIMPLE each year. Hope the price is under $60/share so I can get 100 shares.

I thought on an earlier thread that the offer for shipboard credit had an ending date. Does anyone know?

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

chamima

You'll need proof of stock ownership (brokerage stmt.). Fax to Liza McDaniels at Princess with booking number for your cruises. Her fax number is 661-753-0180.

You can call her at 1-800-872-6779 ext. 30305. She is very nice and helpful and will answer any questions you have.

Gloria

The shipboard credit for stockholders has to be approved each year at the annual meetin, but we are pretty safe in assuming it will continue to be a benefit.

Julie

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

This is a great benefit since the stock has also been a decent investment. We recently applied for a $200 credit for our upcoming 16 Pacific Princess cruise. I faxed the paperwork to Princess in the morning, and had a confirming e-mail that same day. The credit quickly showed-up on my Cruise Personalizer account, and its also noted in our cruise ticket. I give Princess a lot of credit for being so efficient with this process.

Hank

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ibelieve the Rules say you have to tell them when you book that you are a stockholder so it might be a little late for your 3 alread-booked cruises<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> We have never told them when we booked that we are CCL stock owners.

We have always booked our cruises then faxed to Liza McDaniels our names, ship name, booking numbers and proof of stock ownership.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ok, I bought the stock, now who do I contact for the shipboard credit? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There is a different number for each cruise line.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I thought on an earlier thread that the offer for shipboard credit had an ending date. Does anyone know?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The current approval is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2005. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2005.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can you get the shipboard credit on all the Carnival owned cruiselines? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These benefits are extended to: Princess Cruise Lines, Holland America Line/Windstar, Carnival Cruse Lines, Cunard Line/Seabourn, P&O Cruises, Ocean Village, Swan Hellenic, Cunard Line & Costa Cruises (for these 2 credit is determined based on the operational currency onbaord the vessel), Aida Das Clubschiff Seetoours, P & O Cruises Australia.

Also the credit is only one onboard credit per shareholder-ocuppied stateroom.

Future cruises:

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

Julie and BJS,

Thanks for the info. This board is wonderful! I probably would have spent several hours tomorrow trying to find out who to contact at Princess---actually whoever first wrote about the stock credit also gets a big thank you!

Karen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Those were the days of cruising!!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> They sure were something. Fairwind was our first cruise and it holds very special memories. Food, food, and more food. Remember the number of courses for dinner? the rissotto? mutiple desserts? trays of vegetables? midnight buffetts every night? Drug out the "old" album before recent Panama Canal cruise and wondered 'what happened to the HUGE ship we sailed on?'

Even though times have changed and cruising has changed we feel these are the "new" days of cruising and enjoy them equally as well.

Future cruises:

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

Don't misunderstand--we also still love cruising but miss some of the service. I don't remember if it was Sitmar or Home Lines but the deck steward wouldn't even allow me to move my chaise to face the sun. "Madame, that is MY job" However it's still nicer service than we get on most land vacations.

Do know that you cannot combine Stock Credits with those that you get from your TA. (Not to be confused with FCC - Future cruise credits that you get for OnBoard booking ARE combinable)

In our case, the past 2 years of cruises my TA gave Shipboard credit that was equal to or more than that I would have gotten with Stock. It would have been a good investment in any case when I first found out about this (about 3 years ago) at around $20 per share - a little different to buy now at $60. But something to think about....

Until Pacific Princess

Islands of the Pacific Theater

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;07;25;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0900

Until Golden Princess Western European Capitals

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;07;31;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Until Golden Princess British Isles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;08;10;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

It's a shame that you cannot use the shipboard credit from the TA to just lower the price of the fare, then you would still be able to collect the Carnival stock holder credit also. I'm sure it won't work like that, but like I said it's a shame it won't.

Have you checked prices of Carnival stock recently to know it is $60/share? I posted that I hoped it wasn't more than that, but I haven't checked, so really have no idea!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Reading the posts about the Fairwind brought back wonderful memories of that ship and Sitmar. We took our daugher on her first cruise (she was 5) on the Fairwind, and the dining room manager and chef adopted her on-board. She still remembers the special trips, holding the hand of the dining room manager into the galley to get her special "treats" from the executive chef. I also remember everyone laughing as the black soot from the stacks, came raining down on our deck chairs. Ahhh. the good ole days.

Hank

Archived