Rewards Points on RCI credit card

They are normally added to your booking in order of sailing date. So if your sailing is a year off, it might be a while before they show up.

Thank you. We're sailing in November. I'm not sure why I'm so impatient, since we're going to use all reward points for OBC (therefore don't NEED them until then). Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem.

Did you know you can now use your OBC BEFORE your cruise to pay for things? (specialty restaurant, beverage packages, spa, etc). It's something new where your OBC is in your cruise planner to use before the cruise. Once the RC points are transferred, I was told you see them in the cruise planner if you wish to use them before your cruise :-)

Hi,

How long does it take after a purchase for the rewards points to show up? They're in my account as "pending", but have been that way for 2 weeks. Yes, I'm impatient :)

Thanks in advance.

Once the billing month cycles through you should see the points. We use this card strictly for paying for cruises to get double points. We create the booking and then charge X amount monthly as a payment and pay that same amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you know you can now use your OBC BEFORE your cruise to pay for things? (specialty restaurant, beverage packages, spa, etc). It's something new where your OBC is in your cruise planner to use before the cruise. Once the RC points are transferred, I was told you see them in the cruise planner if you wish to use them before your cruise :-)

Yes, I did know that, but thank you. We have decided to pay those types of things pre-cruise and hoard all OBC (from rewards points and TA/RCI) for use as true on board use. I feel like it will make it easier to handle the potential big bill at the end. But I could be delusional ;p

I didn't realize that I can have them transferred to Cruise Planner. Good info, thanks.

Once the billing month cycles through you should see the points. We use this card strictly for paying for cruises to get double points. We create the booking and then charge X amount monthly as a payment and pay that same amount.

That's exactly what we're using it for. :D

Do you then use the rewards for OBC? I read that you can use it for other perks as well...upgrades and such. I'm using the card to pay for the cruise as well as excursions, pre-paid grats and drink packages. We're going to end up with a pretty decent amount of OBC!

my show up as earned when the billing cycle closes...so if the last date of my billing cycle is on the 15th of the month, the points will show as earned after that

Thanks! I'm so excited to see all those pending rewards points.

I don't get out much lol

That's exactly what we're using it for. :D

Do you then use the rewards for OBC? I read that you can use it for other perks as well...upgrades and such. I'm using the card to pay for the cruise as well as excursions, pre-paid grats and drink packages. We're going to end up with a pretty decent amount of OBC!

We have only used it for OBC. And like you have paid everything RCCI related with it to maximize the points. Haven't ever tried an upgrade. Would love to know about that from someone who has used it in that way.

Yes, I did know that, but thank you. We have decided to pay those types of things pre-cruise and hoard all OBC (from rewards points and TA/RCI) for use as true on board use. I feel like it will make it easier to handle the potential big bill at the end. But I could be delusional ;p

I didn't realize that I can have them transferred to Cruise Planner. Good info, thanks.

I have usually done it that way too and left quite a bit of OBC so I can use it on the ship. It's nice to walk away on the last day of a cruise with a $20 cruise bill LOL! ;)

Thank you. We're sailing in November. I'm not sure why I'm so impatient, since we're going to use all reward points for OBC (therefore don't NEED them until then). Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem.

You will be fine. You will complete the billing cycle much sooner than you sail.