Carnival Sunshine - Liquid Lounge

TBMVette

We are cruising on the Sunshine for the first time at the end of April. I've been looking at the pictures of the Liquid Lounge. Is this their main showroom? It doesn't look as grand as ones we've seen on our other cruises. It looks a little sad almost like they forgot to put one on the ship so they just gathered a bunch of chairs and sat them on the floor! Is this correct?? Calm my fears! Thanks.

The liquid lounge is different because the chairs are removed after the show, and it turns into a nightclub. It didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed the shows. The 3 decks of Serenity, though❤️

We are cruising on the Sunshine for the first time at the end of April. I've been looking at the pictures of the Liquid Lounge. Is this their main showroom? It doesn't look as grand as ones we've seen on our other cruises. It looks a little sad almost like they forgot to put one on the ship so they just gathered a bunch of chairs and sat them on the floor! Is this correct?? Calm my fears! Thanks.

You hit the nail on the head.......they have ruined the atmosphere of both the Lobby and the main theater.

Deck 3 forward is no longer the theater, they put more cabins there. So now the Lobby is just dead in the evening.

Deck 4 inside the "theater" is a flat floor with a bar at the back, chairs stacked side by side with no tables to set a drink on. Not even the bar waiters can come down the isle to take your order or serve you a drink. You have to pass your S&S card down the isle to him then he will return with your drink and receipt to sign and pass it back down the isle through multiple strangers hands. I wouldn't even consider letting someone else handle my drink.

There are production shows in there, but late in the evening all the chairs are removed and it becomes a dance floor.

It's the worst design they could have dreamed up and they are duplicating it on the Vista and Horizon, despite all of the complaints.

Here's the story behind it.

On the old Destiny the main showroom started down on deck 3 just like all the later Conquest class ships. They elevated that up to deck 4 and added cabins below. So the showroom got one floor eliminated from the bottom. It was part of Carnival's plan to add additional cabins and hopefully better utilize all the available space on the ship. I'll have to see how I like it in a couple of weeks. Let's all remember that Conquest class ships do have underutilized areas that could be improved upon. While I wouldn't put the main showroom in that category, some other areas would certainly apply.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO TBMVette: The Liquid Lounge concept is so they can use it for other things besides the shows. Play games, use it as a nightclub. However, when they take chairs out and place them back in sometimes they have taller chairs in front and shorter chairs in back. Then seeing the show may be a problem. Because of this there are no tables to put a drink on. So you either hold your beverage or don't get one.