Such a Problem!

socaljo

Thank goodness for CC...others just don't understand! ;) The problem is this...DH & I had an adventurous cruise this January on the Crown doing Cape Horn, this summer I get the joy of taking graduating granddaughter to Europe, we'll be on the Royal for 14n...

Then last week, a dear friend that I've been promising to cruise with since she lost her Mom (& die-hard cruise buddy) a few years ago, has just gotten me to agree to join her for a quick 4 nighter during Spring Break. Leaving in 19 days. The "problem" you ask??? Explaining my absence to others, yet again...by saying I'll be on a ship! ;p I love retirement! It was so cute, when I discussed this plan with DH, he said, "really?? but you've already been on the Ruby". Like that's a problem??? Hardly!! :D

Happy Sailing from the spoiled one!

Hi Jo!

Good for you! DH and I cruise as much as we can...we live equal distance between Port Everglades and Port Miami, so we have sailed same ships/same itineraries several times...just to be on a cruise! If we don't like the port of the day, we treat it like a sea day and enjoy the ship! It's a good think we like sea days cause God knows we had several unscheduled ones on the Crown with you!! LOL.

BTW, we are headed back to the Crown next February (but NOT to S America!), doing the ABC islands with our "gifts" from the S America debacle.

Happy Cruising!!

Tracy

Hi Jo!

Good for you! DH and I cruise as much as we can...we live equal distance between Port Everglades and Port Miami, so we have sailed same ships/same itineraries several times...just to be on a cruise! If we don't like the port of the day, we treat it like a sea day and enjoy the ship! It's a good think we like sea days cause God knows we had several unscheduled ones on the Crown with you!! LOL.

BTW, we are headed back to the Crown next February (but NOT to S America!), doing the ABC islands with our "gifts" from the S America debacle.

Happy Cruising!!

Tracy

Hey Tracy!! Glad I'm in such good company! ;p Glad you've got your credit applied to some fun! I'm using mine this summer on the Med. cruise, then we'll use Mike's next March, we're going to do a repeat of the 14n Hawaii, we loved it so much. This time HI will be even better cuz we're treating ourselves to an aft suite! :D

Good to "see" you here!! Take care, my friend & Happy Sailing!!

We've repeated ships a couple of times (with the same itinerary).

With us' date=' it's having a college girl who doesn't drive yet so unless we can get in a cruise while she's off from college, we're putting off cruising for a while (plus, with tuition, textbooks....)[/quote']

So true, we didn't do much cruising during the "tuition hell" years! ;p

[quote= last week, a dear friend that I've been promising to cruise with since she lost her Mom (& die-hard cruise buddy) a few years ago, has just gotten me to agree to join her for a quick 4 nighter during Spring Break. Leaving in 19 days.

Be glad you're finally cruising with your friend. My lifelong friend lost her husband two years ago and I've been promising to cruise with her ever since.

Finally started researching cruises for October and her daughter called from Cincinnati to say her mother died from a severe stroke. I am so sorry I put her off for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I was working that was our yearly vacation. Each and every time I got "must be nice to be able to afford a cruise". On year when my friend said that to me I looked at her and said, "well, I didn't go to Big Bear for 2 days with 2 rooms and 4 people six times last year. I don't eat out two or three times a week like you do" etc. I told her with the money that she wastes just eating out she and her DH could be going on those cruises with us. We just choose to spend our money differently. She and our group of friends never made that comment to me again.

I don't feel I need to justify my cruising. In fact for quite a few years many of our friends and family cruised together. I think we did around 7 or 8 group cruises.

I totally agree with the eating out part. When DH and I were working, we did a lot of ordering delivery food and eating out. We still managed vacations, though. When we retired last year, I started shopping and cooking again. We did a 10 day Alaska cruise last year, a week at Disney in January, going on a 12 day cruisetour next month and back to Disney for a week in the fall......all cash paid for. Also planning a 10 day Europe cruise next year. We do still eat out about 6 times a month.....mostly after church on Sunday. We did some other weekend travel during the past year. By paying off most of our debt before we retired and watching our daily expenditures, we have been able to do more than I thought we would be able to do in retirement.