Such a Problem!

socaljo

Thank goodness for CC...others just don't understand! ;) The problem is this...DH & I had an adventurous cruise this January on the Crown doing Cape Horn, this summer I get the joy of taking graduating granddaughter to Europe, we'll be on the Royal for 14n...

Then last week, a dear friend that I've been promising to cruise with since she lost her Mom (& die-hard cruise buddy) a few years ago, has just gotten me to agree to join her for a quick 4 nighter during Spring Break. Leaving in 19 days. The "problem" you ask??? Explaining my absence to others, yet again...by saying I'll be on a ship! ;p I love retirement! It was so cute, when I discussed this plan with DH, he said, "really?? but you've already been on the Ruby". Like that's a problem??? Hardly!! :D

Happy Sailing from the spoiled one!

Thank goodness for CC...others just don't understand! ;) The problem is this...DH & I had an adventurous cruise this January on the Crown doing Cape Horn, this summer I get the joy of taking graduating granddaughter to Europe, we'll be on the Royal for 14n...

Then last week, a dear friend that I've been promising to cruise with since she lost her Mom (& die-hard cruise buddy) a few years ago, has just gotten me to agree to join her for a quick 4 nighter during Spring Break. Leaving in 19 days. The "problem" you ask???

Explaining my absence to others, yet again...by saying I'll be on a ship! ;p I love retirement! It was so cute, when I discussed this plan with DH, he said, "really?? but you've already been on the Ruby". Like that's a problem??? Hardly!! :D

Happy Sailing from the spoiled one!

Why explain your absences to anybody? We just go and not worry about what others think. If they want to know then tell them they are welcome to join you. Keep being spoiled and keeping others guessing.

Why explain your absences to anybody? We just go and not worry about what others think. If they want to know then tell them they are welcome to join you. Keep being spoiled and keeping others guessing.

Thanks! My newest goal: Keep being spoiled! Love that!

Since retirement, we've learned that real friends don't make comments about our frequent cruising, other than to say, "You work so hard at home, you deserve it" and "What can we do to help while you're away?"

Real friends are priceless. :)

LOVE your blog! Even when its land based! ;p You & G are my inspiration! I dream of winters on the sea... I read with baited breath after your ship's accident in Nice...every once in awhile, DH would notice my reading page after page when I'd be catching up on your blog (http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/), what is that, he'd ask?? Me - Oh just reading a blog by "who I want to be" when we both retire! :D

I stopped telling our friends about where we're going years ago..

Some get it, but most don't ;p

Srpilo

And they really don't get it when I tell them, on the 4n, we won't even get off the ship! Been to both those ports, just want to be on board any one of those Princess beauties! :D

I would settle for any cruise. I

Yep, me too, especially while we are close to a port! When DH retires we'll be moving to AZ, hence, gotta go while the going's good! LOL! That's my excuse for 2 1/2 more years! I see more FCC's being purchased in the near future... ;p

When I was working that was our yearly vacation. Each and every time I got "must be nice to be able to afford a cruise". On year when my friend said that to me I looked at her and said, "well, I didn't go to Big Bear for 2 days with 2 rooms and 4 people six times last year. I don't eat out two or three times a week like you do" etc. I told her with the money that she wastes just eating out she and her DH could be going on those cruises with us. We just choose to spend our money differently. She and our group of friends never made that comment to me again.

I don't feel I need to justify my cruising. In fact for quite a few years many of our friends and family cruised together. I think we did around 7 or 8 group cruises.

When I was working that was our yearly vacation. Each and every time I got "must be nice to be able to afford a cruise". On year when my friend said that to me I looked at her and said, "well, I didn't go to Big Bear for 2 days with 2 rooms and 4 people six times last year. I don't eat out two or three times a week like you do" etc. I told her with the money that she wastes just eating out she and her DH could be going on those cruises with us. We just choose to spend our money differently. She and our group of friends never made that comment to me again.

I don't feel I need to justify my cruising.

I so agree. Can't believe how many people we know fritter their money away on a day to day basis and then seem to find it amazing if we go on a couple of cruises per year. But to each his own I guess.

I don't feel I need to justify my cruising. In fact for quite a few years many of our friends and family cruised together. I think we did around 7 or 8 group cruises.

So true! I'm constantly telling friends about what a bargain a cruise is! :D

Have a fabulous time on all and every upcoming cruise. We just tell people "Should we wait until we get old?" LOL!!

Cheers, Denise

Exactly! Doing it when we can, while we can! I've always been a member of the "life is too short, eat dessert 1st" club! :D

We've repeated ships a couple of times (with the same itinerary).

With us, it's having a college girl who doesn't drive yet so unless we can get in a cruise while she's off from college, we're putting off cruising for a while (plus, with tuition, textbooks....)