Pros and Cons of window suites on Golden?

FunforGin

Hi I'm interested to hear what CC community things about the window suites compared to suites with balconies on Golden Princess.

There is a big difference in prices.

If I booked a window suite then I could afford a longer cruise..........;)

Hi I'm interested to hear what CC community things about the window suites compared to suites with balconies on Golden Princess.

There is a big difference in prices.

If I booked a window suite then I could afford a longer cruise..........;)

If you can live without the balcony a Window Suite is a no brainer. Full suite perks for mini suite prices. Plus a much nicer cabin.

Pros: Great cabin with full suite perks for far less than a suite with a balcony. Convenient location.

Cons: Some have said that if the connecting door is left open in the hallway there can be smoke odor from Player's Cigar Bar. Cabin 301 is smaller than the other window suites. 319 sq ft as opposed to 341 sq ft. If possible get one of the other window suites. If not, it's still a good deal. We have never had any kind of suite and likely never will but, if it should turn out that we someday do have a suite, it will likely be a window suite due to the cost difference.

Pros: Great cabin with full suite perks for far less than a suite with a balcony. Convenient location.

Cons: Some have said that if the connecting door is left open in the hallway there can be smoke odor from Player's Cigar Bar. Cabin 301 is smaller than the other window suites. 319 sq ft as opposed to 341 sq ft. If possible get one of the other window suites. If not, it's still a good deal. We have never had any kind of suite and likely never will but, if it should turn out that we someday do have a suite, it will likely be a window suite due to the cost difference.

Love the window suite cabins....price is right with all the suite perks. We actually had 301 and loved it. It may be smaller but we liked the room set up and the bed area has more privacy when door is open then other window suites..... and never smelled any smoke and that set of window suites is very quiet and location is great.

Only spent 3 nights in a Window Suite (F311) on Golden but it was great. First time in any sort of suite on Princess, so enjoyed the perks. Location was the best and it has its own quiet corridor so the only folks using it were the ones in the window suites. I had previously only had balconies but didn't miss it, but then it was only 3 nights and no ports ........but wouldn't hesitate to book it again on a port intensive cruise.

I've stayed in the window suites twice, and if I ever sail again on a ship that offers it, will jump at the chance to snag one. Great location, great layout inside and the Sabbatinis' Perk is the icing on the cake!

Window suites are wonderful! I love balconies, but with my heat intolerance getting worse, I can do without one in the Caribbean. (For Alaska, though, I would go for the balcony instead.) I find the WS is brighter than the other suites, as the large windows let in lots of direct sunshine without being dimmed by the shady balcony. We also like the set up better than the other suites; yes, it is smaller, but seems much more open. There is LOTS more storage space than other suites. The bathroom has two sinks. The location is convenient; the perks are great; best of all, the price is nice.

We had a window suite on the Golden going around the Cape Horn. Since the weather was cool, did not miss a balcony. It was fantastic, location was great, 3 closets, and a bathroom you could get lost in. When we embarked had a difficult time finding it. Asked a crew member and they didn't think there were any cabins on 6 deck. Asked security and they pointed out a unmarked door that opened to the hallway to the window suites. If price is not a concern suite with a balcony over window, but a window is a very close second. I think everyone should try a suite once.