Honduras/Belize Itinerary for Kids

I'm looking for feedback from families that have taking younger kids (about 10 & 8) out of Galveston with the Honduras/Belize ports of call.

How did it go? Good stops for younger kids?

Our initial reactions:

At Cozumel I think we'd try visiting Xcaret first. My husband and I went to Xel-Ha a long time ago and loved it. We'd go back, but I think it's a little too far without a RCCL guaranteed excursion return.

Honduras and Belize appear to be a lot of Mayan ruin and caving excursions. I'm not sure we could handle two stops at the ruins. My daughter doesn't do well in the dark. How did cave tubing go? Was it well lit or creepy as heck? (It sounds awesome to me either way).

We're from the east coast so the Florida departures are easier, but we have a space nut of a son who is already plotting a stop at the Johnson Space Center before the cruise.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

X caret is great but will be a long day. Belize is great for cave tubing, we had head lamps so we were never in total darkness. It's a great excursion but a pain to tender. Belize also has beach excursions and the snorkeling is very good. Honduras has great family beach areas. They also have zip lining. It depends on what the kids like to do I guess. A Belize ruin tour could also be a very long day. You know your kids limits...3 long days in a row could be too much.

Snorkeling in Roatan and cave tubing in Belize. Loved the VIP group for the cave tubing and they had the intertubes up near the water so you didn't have to hike them in. The would probably be a better scenario for the kids. Heck, all the adults in our group appreciated it when we passed other groups carrying theirs.