RCI's Portable Power Everywhere

I wondered any one has tried their "Portable Power Everywhere" charger for usb devices. The Compass shows that they offer to rent ($5) or sell ($35) these for charging devices without an outlet. If so I wondered if they work well (or are they the slower trickle chargers) and if they can be pre-purchased for the room.

TYIA! :D

I wondered any one has tried their "Portable Power Everywhere" charger for usb devices. The Compass shows that they offer to rent ($5) or sell ($35) these for charging devices without an outlet. If so I wondered if they work well (or are they the slower trickle chargers) and if they can be pre-purchased for the room.

TYIA! :D

That is something new to me... I usually have a number of devices that need re-charging.

Interesting idea - I would assume they are similar to portable USB chargers found on Amazon and the like. I have a fairly decent sized one that I took with us on our transatlantic and it is large enough that it could charge two tablets at the same time. We took it mostly for the flight over but I don't think we ended up using it the entire trip.

I also have a couple smaller ones (lipstick sized) that I might take on future trips instead. Basically enough juice to recharge a phone or two in case of emergency.

I have two 10000mah and one 20000mah battery packs I use on cruises and Amazon cost is in $20-50 range. Mostly they power my GPS (waterproof bag on balcony). They can charge a phone, Kindle or anything that charges with 5 volts. Will NOT charge my camera batteries or tablet. So it really depends on how many devices you have that run on 5 volts.

Note that the sizes I have are pretty heavy, but they run a Garmin Nuvi car GPS almost 24 hours (depends on screen brightness). I like the Satechi most - it comes with about eight different plug adapters including iPad, IPhone and will supposedly recharge those completely a couple of times. The packs also take about eight hours to recharge so you may need more than one.