Answers to RCI + VOS Questions

RayJ92

Here are just questions I've seen ppl ask b4, I was on the Voyager last week so here is some stuff I'm answering...

1. Q: I'm thinking about getting a promenade stateroom. Is it sound proof?

A: YES! I heard nothing, In my recent cruises I've found out the an inside stateroom gets u MORE sleep, due to the sunlight in the morning.

2. Q: I live in the Northeast and I think its cool seeing a port in Bayonne NJ for departure...

A: The cruise port is good for those North Eastern travlers like me but I had alot of problems there...of course u all know about the 11/4/05 delay on the Voyager. But that wasn't the thing, when we got off the ship, we have to go through rows trying to get our bags, then wait 20 minutes for a cart to bring our luggage to the front, then immigration. All they care is for your paper and your done. No passports, they never asked for one in our family! Though in the beginning they did so BRING THEM! Overall for CL, I wouldn't go there unless the ports of calls are good.

3. Q: What is there to do in Labadee?

A: A whole lot...with its hot weather all year round all I did was going to the beach. We went to the 2nd to the left of the tendered port which looked like the best. Next to it was trails you could explore. There were lizards everywhere and boy it was kool. I believe Labadee was one of my favorites during the cruise.

4. Q: Jamaica

A: Don't go unless you have an activity. We learned it the HARD way. We got out of the port and there were taxi drivers everywhere and they are ANNOYING! They try to make you shake hands and boy its weird. In the shopping areas they try to get u to buy it. Also, they have the Smoke and they try to sell it to u. Even to the kids when your right next to them..so just say NO! My opinion, don't get off.

I;ll have more posted later

I really like Jamaica, and we haven't done an excursion their yet. We politely tell the cabies/drug sellers no, and keep walking.

They are trying to earn a living too, I can't blame them for trying.

I love the shopping there, have gotten several beautiful pieces of jewelry there.

Can't believe you complained about Cape Liberty. You'd rather fly to a port where it's easier to retreave your bags? Maybe you overpacked. 1 Bag and carry on per person should be sufficiant for a 9 day. 1 bag per person and 1 carryon between the 2 of you should do it for a 7 day. I had no problem getting my bags at this port. It used to be this way in all ports.

Welcome on the board!

The same situation happened with me at Ocho Rios, Dunns Falls. I was walking through a market as we were heading for the ship. All around me, people were blocking the passsage to force me to look at their products. They were very pushy, not letting me pass even when I said that I was not interested. I found that very bad, as a tourist we should feel welcome, not afraid of what they might do next in order for us to buy their products.

Specs

Archived