Ventura's Cold Pools

DAN 60

OK so i always sail from southampton, you would think that this would be more reason to warm up the pool's

but no. The only pool which was bearable was the plunge pool aft of the ship.

We are on the Azura in two week's , if that's cold then i give up. I will take my thermometer with me which i use

for my tropical fish, and let every one know the precise temperature . :eek:

Beats me why they won't heat them properly. Surely can't cost that much.

Maybe they want to repel all but the totally determined; to avoid complaints that the pools are too crowded...

It's not only the water in the pool that was cold on the Ventura.

The soup in the buffet was not that warm either (apart from being it lacking in taste). Actually, so much of the food in the buffet on the Ventura seemed to lack taste, and they seemed so "samey". And about half of the items in the room service menu was not available on that ship or you have to pay extra. I won't believe any of Rob Brydon's* adverts now!!!

(*For non-Brits, Rob Brydon is a British comedian who "starred" in many of P&O's advertisements on TV, which made those cruises seemed so wonderful).

Edited by Cahpek

The soup in the buffet was not that warm either (apart from being it lacking in taste). Actually, so much of the food in the buffet on the Ventura seemed to lack taste, and they seemed so "samey". And about half of the items in the room service menu was not available on that ship or you have to pay extra. I won't believe any of Rob Brydon's* adverts now!!!

(*For non-Brits, Rob Brydon is a British comedian who "starred" in many of P&O's advertisements on TV, which made those cruises seemed so wonderful).

I used the room service menu extensively in January / February on Ventura following an accident ashore and had no problem at all with items being unavailable and yes there were a few items which required an extra payment but nowhere near half :'):'):')

I used the room service menu extensively in January / February on Ventura following an accident ashore and had no problem at all with items being unavailable and yes there were a few items which required an extra payment but nowhere near half :'):'):')

It was nearly half , I counted them- Continental breakfast items aside which were available only between 7am-11am, for the rest of the day, there were 46 items on the menu. The number of items that have an extra charge or which were available only on the Oriana (and not on the Ventura) were 25 items. Which meant only 21 items were left which were complimentary. Isn't that nearly half , or even worse than half? If you do not believe me, please check the room service menu on their downloadable file:

file:///C:/Users/Jeffrey/Downloads/generic_room_service%20(7).pdf

Please count them yourself. If my counting is incorrect, I stand to be corrected.

I believe P&O may be changing the room service menu in May. Hope they will do a better job than the last one for their passengers.

Edited by Cahpek

With regards to getting a copy of the P&O room service menu, i may have stick in the wrong link in my post above.

You should go to:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

Then scroll down and look for "room service" . Click that and you will get the download. As mentioned, this will probably be changing in May, if you wish to see what I mean about the menu I had to face with, do so before May 2017.

Hi - we have found the temperature has varied from cruise to cruise. Sometimes being freezing but other times quite pleasant. I think it depends on the weather as to whether they heat them or not. On or last cruise on Ventura the pool was freezing cold on the first day and people were complaining. The following day it was nice and warm. I can only assume that people must have complained as there was a marked difference in temp, either that or it had just been refilled and was still heating up.

So all I can suggest is to complain and see if anything is done about it.

Sue

We've literally just got off the Ventura an hour ago.

The pools felt somewhat cold but when I went in it was 25 degrees outside, so that may be why. They're cold when you get in but I found that I acclimatised within a minute or two and was fine.

The hot tubs were heated, possibly a bit too hot on occasion.

Certainly didn't ruin the holiday though. :)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just remember..............he's an ACTOR:')