Arcadia. Caribbean. Christmas

Goosebear Mum

Hi

We've spent the last two Christmas's on Aurora as round trips from Southampton (one to Scandinavia and this last to the Caribbean) We found both trips to be an excellent mix of ages and never felt the age range 'elderly' (we'll both be in our 50s in 2018)

We're unlikely to be away this Christmas, so we're looking at Christmas/ New Year 2018/19. The next two Christmas's on Aurora are both to Scandinavia and we'd like 2018 to be back to the Caribbean as we found we loved having some Winter sun (it'll also be my 50th in 2018)...

What is Arcadia like? Have any of you been on her at Christmas to the Caribbean? How did you find the age mix? Will the age range mix on Arcadia be too 'elderly' for us?

What's the outside space like? On the deckplans it seems there's less than Aurora; was it hard to find sunbeds? We only like to be sunbathing for 1-2hrs, not hours on end.

Thanks in advance

We were on her the Christmas before last and I would say the clientele was certainly not 'old'.

We enjoyed her more than Aurora at Christmas. Us Adults seemed to have more fun than the family orientated Aurora!

The staircase up from the Reception is decorated all the way up to the Piano Bar and is, IOHO, therefore more spectacular than the staircase on Aurora.

We also thought the Gingerbread Village bigger and more elaborate.

We absolutely LOVED the atmosphere on Arcadia compared to on Aurora and would definitely recommend her for Christmas above Aurora. 😀

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Thanks that's good to know, we were a little worried we'd be in a considerable minority and stand out. (As a side point, Aurora Christmas 2016 was a great improvement over 2015; Better decorations (gingerbread village was far larger too) and far better entertainment. It felt as Christmas should do)

I think I'm getting close to booking :)

Thanks that's good to know, we were a little worried we'd be in a considerable minority and stand out. (As a side point, Aurora Christmas 2016 was a great improvement over 2015; Better decorations (gingerbread village was far larger too) and far better entertainment. It felt as Christmas should do)

I think I'm getting close to booking :)

You won't be I'm sure. We're 48 and didn't feel out of place.

We also had the poem that begins 'It was the night before Christmas' read out over the speaker system on Christmas Eve afternoon which made it feel even more christmasy.

We all went out on the back deck round the pool and sang carols before Father Christmas appeared. I have to say us adults stayed outside (in temperatures of -8 degrees C - we were in Oslo) with Santa for ages and lots of us had our picture taken with him, much more so than on Aurora when all the children disappeared after about 10 mins!

Christmas dinner took from 8:30pm until 10:45pm! (We were booked in Club dining.) We were then in the bars after that and, would you believe, they were bringing round canapes at 11:45pm! Fantastic experience. :D

Go, you won't regret it. :)