Can anyone recommend some good cruise videos or channels on YouTube? (Read first)

perditax

I'm trying to watch some videos to get in the mood for my upcoming cruise, but finding myself frustrated. I'm looking for decently-quality, stable videos of the ships and people aboard.

This is what I DON'T want:

• The obligatory guy who spends the whole video with the camera on a selfie stick pointed up his own nose. I want to see the ship, not you, dude.
  • The video that isn't actually a video, but rather a still photo montage. If I want pictures, I'll visit google images or flickr.
  • "The Drunk Walk" -- dude straps his GoPro to his body and puts it in wide-view/fisheye mode so you get an extremely wobbly/jerky motion-sickness-inducing POV walkthrough of the ship, complete with the camera bouncing with every step.

Thanks for any recommendations. I was specifically looking for NCL Getaway and Harvest Caye, but I'm interested in all ships and all cruiselines.

Try Cruise Tips TV on You Tube. Very cute, entertaining and helpful

Cruisenurse 1

Thanks! The talking head segments look cute, but this is also the kind of video I'd love to see more of:

I'll have to dig through more of their stuff.

This is what I DON'T want:

• The obligatory guy who spends the whole video with the camera on a selfie stick pointed up his own nose. I want to see the ship, not you, dude.
  • The video that isn't actually a video, but rather a still photo montage. If I want pictures, I'll visit google images or flickr.
  • "The Drunk Walk" -- dude straps his GoPro to his body and puts it in wide-view/fisheye mode so you get an extremely wobbly/jerky motion-sickness-inducing POV walkthrough of the ship, complete with the camera bouncing with every step.

I hate the photo-montage-pretending-to-be-video so much!

Here's a sample of what you'd see on my channel. We do sometimes point the camera at ourselves and I wish I had somewhat steadier hands but we try to show a good mix of onboard and excursion activities. If this suits you please check us out, if not no worries, keep fighting the good fight against those slideshow "videos"!

[YOUTUBE]elb-5mh5lTU[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a sample of what you'd see on my channel. We do sometimes point the camera at ourselves and I wish I had somewhat steadier hands but we try to show a good mix of onboard and excursion activities. If this suits you please check us out, if not no worries, keep fighting the good fight against those slideshow "videos"!

elb-5mh5lTU

Thanks! No, this is nothing like the ones I was complaining about -- some guy does NCL ones and I scrolled through them and I swear it's him talking to the camera the WHOLE TIME even though it'll say something like "haven't caye tour". I understand that certain people want to be YouTube stars, but I'm usually searching for the ship name and then clicking on stuff that implies it's a ship or port tour--not a tour of someone's face as he walks through. :)

Liked your stuff!

Thanks! No, this is nothing like the ones I was complaining about -- some guy does NCL ones and I scrolled through them and I swear it's him talking to the camera the WHOLE TIME even though it'll say something like "haven't caye tour". I understand that certain people want to be YouTube stars, but I'm usually searching for the ship name and then clicking on stuff that implies it's a ship or port tour--not a tour of someone's face as he walks through. :)

Liked your stuff!

Thanks! Yea, we've got tons of different videos and plenty more on the way. I don't care about becoming a star, I just want to inspire people to travel more and maybe pick up a tip or two on how to do it smarter or cheaper or just different along the way.

Here's another sample that shows some of the crazier stuff we've filmed like rescues at sea...

[YOUTUBE]0MajgXkEwDk[/YOUTUBE]

elb-5mh5lTU

Great clarity! What equipment do you use?

Great clarity! What equipment do you use?

Thanks! We use a Canon Vixia HF R40 for anything that requires a zoom like when we're filming rescues and stuff. Here's a sample of something I shot just with that...

[YOUTUBE]2uDxmnCi4ds[/YOUTUBE]

For underwater we have a GoPro Hero3+ Silver and a GoPro 4 Black. Here's a video shot exclusively with those 2 cameras...

[YOUTUBE]jjUGbPnTqZA[/YOUTUBE]

Still really happy with the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver but I might be looking to upgrade the Canon soon as it doesn't do well in low-light conditions.

I also occasionally film on my phone, a BlackBerry Priv but that's obviously the camera of last resort but has the added benefit of almost always being on me.