Calanques/cassis vs other Freedom ports

Mullwi

Hi! I will be on freedom of the seas late May with older parents. Trying to pick which tours are best for our budget and their stamina. We are definitely going to Capri which I have toured by boat and on land previously and found beautiful. We are also going to visit cinque terre for first time (minus dad due to hiking concerns on uneven terrain). We are also doing Eze/Monaco. Has anyone been to these areas and could you share your thoughts and comparisons.? We are leaning towards skipping Marseilles tour and resting up for our other tours including very long day in Rome. JUst want to make sure this wouldn't be mistake in your opinion. Thank you!

We are leaning towards skipping Marseilles tour and resting up for our other tours including very long day in Rome. JUst want to make sure this wouldn't be mistake in your opinion. Thank you!

Reconsider. The tour to the Calanques and Cassis is not strenuous at all. If you stay on the ship you would be in a major industrial port for a long day. Granted, Marseille has been spruced up a lot and there is a wonderful new museum right in the port, but, IMO, you would be missing out on a very pleasant and scenic excursion. It should not take all day either, so you would have time to rest.

are you talking about ships tours?

I am talking about either. I don't know what the OP has in mind, but I suspect ship's tours. That is their decision. In either case, the Calanques and Cassis would be a very good tour to take.

Of course, you are right, a private tour would accommodate her parents better. But, a ship's tour may be less stressful for making the arrangements. There are many tour company recommendations on this board. The roll call for their cruise may find some people with similar characteristics to share a tour. Straight DIY using public transport will probably be a non-starter for them.