Asian dishes and sushi at any of the MDR or buffet?

LSKC

For the NCL ESCAPE -

My kids LOVE asian cuisine. Noodle soups, wonton soups, sushi, fried rice, lo mein, curry meats, etc.

I see lots of food they will love at Food Republic and we will treat them to that one day for supper maybe but are there lots of options for them elsewhere? If so, where?

And specifically, my one daughter (and myself) enjoy sushi rolls and I'm concerned she is going to dragging me back to Food Republic daily if that is the only place to score some.

Thx.

On the Epic they had sushi one day in the MDR as a starter! Which I know isn't massively helpful for the Escape, but just shows that it does happen so maybe you will see it? Also they usually have an Asian night at the buffet. And maybe take them to teppanyaki too?

The Garden Cafe Buffet has an Asian section, but not sushi. Along with other world cuisines.

Unlike other mega ships with a dedicated sushi bar, that is all rolled into the Food Republic. There is an iPad point of service at every table and you slide your room key to pay and order.

My kids LOVE asian cuisine. Noodle soups, wonton soups, sushi, fried rice, lo mein, curry meats, etc.

There is always an "Asian" section in the buffet with mostly Indian food (curry, dal, rice, naan, papadums), but also some Chinese/Thai stir fries. It's usually pretty good.

The soups (buffet and MDR) are occasionally Asian. Not sure I've seen wonton soup.

Sushi very occasionally appears in the buffet, and as mentioned above there is one mixed sushi appetizer in the MDR. In my experience/opinion, it is very, very bad. For seafood night in the buffet, they usually have OK sashimi.

As far as specialty restaurants go, Teppanyaki would be the obvious choice for Chinese/Japanese flavors.

On the Epic they had sushi one day in the MDR as a starter! Which I know isn't massively helpful for the Escape, but just shows that it does happen so maybe you will see it? Also they usually have an Asian night at the buffet. And maybe take them to teppanyaki too?

Yes, Teppanyaki will be one of our SDP meals. I know the family will enjoy it.

The Garden Cafe Buffet has an Asian section, but not sushi. Along with other world cuisines.

Unlike other mega ships with a dedicated sushi bar, that is all rolled into the Food Republic. There is an iPad point of service at every table and you slide your room key to pay and order.

However, the sushi choices at Food Republic were very limited, IMO. Far less choice than even the dedicated sushi bars on the other ships.

Be sure to check out the Wok Station in the Garden Café. No Sushi but great selection of Thai, Korean, Chinese and other Asian dishes. Our favorite lunch place on the Jade TA last fall.