Lobster tail MDR Jewel Class Ships

Sea saw 56

Thanks to all of you that replied. The last time I was reading, you could pay an extra $30 or so and get some in the MDR.

Appreciate your responses.

We were in the Haven on the Escape 2 weeks ago. Even in the Haven restaurant, the "Surf and Turf" is SHRIMP and steak. I did not see the ability to get lobster, even for additional price, anywhere. They did have lobster bisque. And, the food was varied and good, so I'll suffer through it;)

Eliminating lobster (from everywhere on the ship except the lobster bisque - which tells you the bisque is made on land and transported frozen) was just one of the many NCL downgrades this year. They also significantly downgraded the beverage package pricing many popular (but not top shelf by any stretch) call liquors at $16.95 a shot. Sad to treat customers this way who have expectations when they paid NCL to receive the same quality product and service they'd given in the past. We will try HAL.

Go to HAL. They serve lobster at the 2nd formal and usually even have them in the buffet.

We will try HAL.

We tried HAL a few weeks ago. The lobster in the MDR on Surf&Turf night was no extra cost and was very good. HOWEVER........that was the only meal we thought was as good or better than NCL. The overall dining experience on the mid-size NCL ships is superior, IMHO (more locations from which to choose, and more menu choices in the MDR). There are some very nice things on HAL, and we may try them again if we get a deal as good as we got before.;p

Confirmed. I got off the Gem last week. No lobster in the main dining rooms.

I also observed there was no smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet. Salmon has been removed from the every day menu in the main dining rooms.

Got off the Jewel 3 weeks ago and I had smoked salmon EVERY day at the breakfast buffet, But you had to ask for it.

Got off the Jewel 3 weeks ago and I had smoked salmon EVERY day at the breakfast buffet, But you had to ask for it.

Pearl sailing New Years, and Epic (with the CD) sailing in January, no smoked salmon at buffet even when asked for. Told we had to go to the MDR for it.

Safe sailing

Pearl sailing New Years, and Epic (with the CD) sailing in January, no smoked salmon at buffet even when asked for. Told we had to go to the MDR for it.

Safe sailing

Like I said I had it every day. It's a shame you have to ask for it WHEN it should be put out with the rest of the food.