Staggered CheckIn Port Canaveral

debnrick

When we cruised from PC on March 4 they did not enforce the times. We had FTTF and arrived at 1030 to a 3/4 full terminal. No way all those people had the earliest check in time like we did.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

You should have saved the $70 [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was enforced in January 2017, it went very smooth. In the terminal, check in, S&S picture as you are walking in line to board the ship, and then right on. There did not seem to be a bottleneck anywhere.

YES they do.

If they were enforcing it and the earliest check in was 11 am, why was the terminal 3/4 full at 10:30 am? Would seem to me they would not let anyone in until 11am. I am merely tell the original poster MY experience with the PC check in process.

If they were enforcing it and the earliest check in was 11 am, why was the terminal 3/4 full at 10:30 am? Would seem to me they would not let anyone in until 11am. I am merely tell the original poster MY experience with the PC check in process.

Maybe a lot of Weddings, Diamonds, Plats and FTTFers. It's unrealistic to think that just a small few have priority boarding

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is completely dependent on the person manning the door into the terminal. When we sailed Magic in February it was not enforced at all. We had 11:00-11:30AM as our check-in window and were allowed in into the terminal at 10:30. We had our l boarding passes in our hands but the woman at the entrance did not even glance at them.

To say unequivocally that the policy is enforced at any port is to me a bit disingenuous. One sailing it could be rigorously enforced and the next, not so much. Depends on who is checking boarding passes.

Maybe a lot of Weddings, Diamonds, Plats and FTTFers. It's unrealistic to think that just a small few have priority boarding

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nope that was not the case. Diamond & Plats were in a different room. They had all FTTF sit in a certain section of the terminal and to be honest there were not that many. I suspect they were not enforcing it. My party of 9 had all had FTTF and we all chose 11-1130 check in just so we did not have to deal with 3 additional groups of people at the terminal. We were bummed they were not enforcing the check in. FYI... there was not a mass of people standing outside the terminal either at any given time waiting for their check in period.

We cruised from PC on 3/25. Our check in time was 11:30, the other family we were traveling with had a check in time of 1:30. We walked up to see if there was any way we could check in together (this was 10:30am) and the lady said, "You can check in now! The check in times aren't really being enforced yet." and let us right in. So, my answer, based on my experience, would be no, it's not being enforced. I am sure eventually they will get it together and start enforcing.

Yes. You have to pick a check in time but you can check in whenever you get to the port. It makes no sense but that's the way they have it set up.

Thank you :)

I don't see a place to check in for our cruise. I guess it's to early because we don't sail until next year out of Port Canaveral.

We killed time at the Exploration Tower and arrived at the port around 1:30. Dropped off bags, parked and walked right in with no line anywhere and our cabin was already open. Easiest embarkation I've ever experienced. Although, some would argue that we missed 2 hours of vacation time by not arriving at our assigned time of 11:30.

We killed time at the Exploration Tower and arrived at the port around 1:30. Dropped off bags, parked and walked right in with no line anywhere and our cabin was already open. Easiest embarkation I've ever experienced. Although, some would argue that we missed 2 hours of vacation time by not arriving at our assigned time of 11:30.

Can i ask a question? The buffet still had food, right? The bartenders still were serving drinks, right? About the only thing you missed was elbow to elbow cattle herding in the terminal and the protests of "Hey, they cut the line". (y)